So I love the new YouTube plugin for Canola 2.

Works great.

My only question is, where do the saved YouTube videos go?? I tried searching for them, but couldn't find them.

After a few saved videos, I apparently had no room left for any others.

I have 2 8GB SD cards. How do I go about saving the YouTube videos to one of my SD cards?

Thanks!

look on

~home/.canola

reagrds

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA

So I tried this, but all I get is:
~sh: xxxxx: not found

I notice that when I type a line in the prompt there is a "~ $" ?

Do I need this???

That means you are a user. If there is a "# $" that means you are root (like Windows XP's administrator).

It doesn't make a difference (unless it's a file permission thing).

~home/.canola is a directory

To change directories (in case you don't know) you use the "cd" command (without quotes).

So it would be "cd ~home/.canola" (again without quotes)

In human terms it means change directory to ~ (your user account)'s home folder and in that directory look for a folder called /.canola.

The videos are then in a folder called youtube. So you could actually just type in "cd ~/home/.canola/youtube"

In the Canola forum, they will tell you how to create a symbolic link so your videos get saved on your SD cards instead of your n800's internal memory (or just wait for a plugin update since that's coming).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Uhmm, how do i scroll on the plugin, I see a tiny scrollbar but I can't move it. Is this a bug? or am I missing something?
GREAT plugin by the way!!

To scroll on Canola 2 you should just be able to flick it with a finger (or stylus).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Just type "cd /home/user/.canola/youtube/" and hit enter within osso-xterm. The saved youtube videos are in there.
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
So it would be "cd ~home/.canola" (again without quotes)
No it wouldn't. By cd'ing to ~home/.canola, you are changing your current directory to /home/home/.canola/ (which does not exist).
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
The videos are then in a folder called youtube. So you could actually just type in "cd ~/home/.canola/youtube"
Also wrong. This goes to /home/user/home/.canola/youtube/

A watchout to anyone using youtube on Canola, I found that sometimes it saves the video even when I didn't ask it!! I found this when trying to figure out why the memory available kept on reducing! Eventually I checked in the Canola directory;
/home/user/.canola/youtube/videos and heypresto!! found 35 Meg of unwanted videos!

Ack forgot the ~ meant home. Thanks for the correction Navi.