http://craphound.com/spamsolutions.txt

?

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vivainio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lanwellon View Post
The problem is :

Nokia is 2 years behind Android.
are you smoking pot?

How may phones android phones have open office 3? Wireshark?

Or even half the multitasking ability of the N900?

It might look like Nokia are two years behind - but you forget that even before android was even dreamt off Nokia had plenty of sybmian apps and games!

Once Meego comes out and symbian and Meego ported is really easily we will see it really kick off.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
This just in: OP's New Trolling Thread About MeeGo Cannot Save Credibility on TMO

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
The problem is :

Well gee. By that logic there is really no point in ever doing anything new. I mean Android was 18 months behind the iphone OS when it was release. Why the hell did Google even bother. They were obviously doomed to fail by your logic.

Why bother creating anything new really, everything has already been done. Anything new will fail.

I promised myself I wouldnt post in this thread, but someone needs to slap some sense into this whiner.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bulacan, Philippines
Gee, then let's drown with Nokia then

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The problem is :

Didn't stop other OS's from coming out, doubtful that Nokia should stop with MeeGo.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Didn't stop other OS's from coming out, doubtful that Nokia should stop with MeeGo.
Especially since MeeGo is not a Nokia exclusive effort, nor is MeeGo anything more than a software stack on top of which other vendors can build their own user experience.

An awful lot of speculation about something that doesn't matter for most people. If you like smartphones and Nokia creates a killer high-end phone: good for you and Nokia. If not, than you simply buy a non-Nokia smartphone. I can't think of any other tech product that has so much alternatives and diversity.
The only people that should really care are the people employed at Nokia and the shareholders. I know there is something like "brand-loyalty", but I think that wanting a product just because it has the Nokia brand on it isn't a very smart thing to do.
Depending on your needs and wants I think Nokia currently has a number of very interesting products in their smartphone portfolio, mostly because they are notably different from Apple/Samsung/HTC etc. etc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
The only people that should really care are the people employed at Nokia and the shareholders.
After the recent exodus of high level Nokia execs and forward-facing names and Nokia employees, I'd have to say that the shareholders do not like the direction(s) that Nokia was going... nor where they're currently located.

Time for a change? Or just time for a completed product? The path isn't as coherent now as it once was... say in 2005 or so.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Time for a change? Or just time for a completed product?
In most organizations change usually means more delays. So any change is strategy should bring clear benefits.

A lot of media are very much exaggerating about "the demise of Nokia". They are making money, they are selling more smartphones than ever before and a lot of people seem to like their products quite a bit. Would a future Nokia smartphone be better if they switch to Android or Windows Phone 7 or make some other radical change in their strategy? I don't know. The people at Nokia are best to judge that. They have the expertise and the inside knowledge.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

Tags
ignore list, naysaying, religious wars, shutupshutup, tag along, troll master