Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
flat back thumbs up, and new cover that doesnt seem that will break every time you try to remove it.

also it would be nice if the new back had a 2.5mm charger jack so tha it could charge when not on the phone (and on the phone too)

shall i take it a bit further on? it should have contacts tha will fit on the microsd and have a microsd slot accessible from the outside. Or even a full sd slot in the extra space. :-)
________
DiamondEyes

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:18.

Mugen's other 2300-2400mAh battery: For the G1

http://jkontherun.com/2009/03/11/rev...r-t-mobile-g1/

based on this, I'm pretty sure Mugen are simply just going to double the thickness of the current N900 battery.. making it butt ugly and too thick to fit into jeans..

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
I thought this was the only thing they could do?
I mean, battery technology is way behind(on market) so they can't make a smaller one with higher capacity , than the current one.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
...based on this, I'm pretty sure Mugen are simply just going to double the thickness of the current N900 battery.. making it butt ugly and too thick to fit into jeans..
This is basically how all 3rd party extended battery mfgs. do it. I love my Seidio extended for my Motorla Q. I can go 4-5 days on a charge with normal use, and no worries if I ever want to use sling at any time, for any "length of time"

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I thought the same thing, but use the G1 with the 2300mah battery all the time. I got used to the size and prefer this to either running out or carrying a spare battery.

I carry with a belt case, so no problem with pockets.

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
I thought this was the only thing they could do?
I mean, battery technology is way behind(on market) so they can't make a smaller one with higher capacity , than the current one.
Yes, which means this extended battery will make the N900 as thick as my thinkpad laptop.. sigh

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I hope a modified back would improve the what's that... back rest to get a better angle.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

aw too thick for me

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I thought the same thing, but use the G1 with the 2300mah battery all the time. I got used to the size and prefer this to either running out or carrying a spare battery.

I carry with a belt case, so no problem with pockets.
Problem is you may need to buy a new case.

it's funny how everyone is bashing on how big the n900 might be if the extended battery needs a replacement back cover.

Having 2300-2400mah is worth it to me but it's funny cuz i'm acutally kinda looking forward to my n900 getting bigger. The type of reaction i would get from people would be hilarious to me lol.

Back in 2005/2006 i use to own the n90 and it was huge compare to all the tiny phones other people were carrying around. The n95 8gb and the n90 was my all time most favorite phone from nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to thinh For This Useful Post: