Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
There are several features aready present on the n950 which i didn't expect or which required 3rd party tools on maemo5.

First of all: The exchange integration is great. I was sitting in the car with both my n900 and the n950 and was ask to invite several people to a meeting. I knew the n900 can't do that. But to my surprise the n950 can. Just create a meeting appointment, add people from your contacts list and hit "send" ...

The second nice things is that you can set schedules for email download. This allows to e.g. keep the phone silent in the night.

And last but not least: The phone can keep an eye on the transfer volume and can e,g, warn you if you exceed a certain limit.

I am sure others have also noticed nice and surprising things.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Whoopy f****ing doo, share it with the other 249 people who own harmattan.

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post

And last but not least: The phone can keep an eye on the transfer volume and can e,g, warn you if you exceed a certain limit.
On my N900 this already works as "Übertragungswarnung" with an adjustable amount. ;-)
See "Home network data counter", "View transferred data details"
here:
http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...N900_UG_en.pdf

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PMaff For This Useful Post:
Could you or someone tell us how Maemo 6/Meego battery life performs on N950?? Is better/worse than on N900??

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
The second nice things is that you can set schedules for email download. This allows to e.g. keep the phone silent in the night.
You can do this for MfE accounts on N900. If you're saying that you can also do this for IMAP accounts on N950, then that would be new and welcome.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by Ignacius View Post
Could you or someone tell us how Maemo 6/Meego battery life performs on N950?? Is better/worse than on N900??
I think most of us with N950's will be careful to make comments in public places related to its performance, etc. It is a developer device, intended to bring OSS apps ready for N9 sales start.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Whoopy f****ing doo, share it with the other 249 people who own harmattan.
You're only jealous.

- And so am I!

It is interesting to hear these snippets of info, though; we may never get our hands on our own N950, but owning an N9 IS a real proposition and I for one would like to hear what I can look forward to.

So please, all you N950 Devs - tell us all your NDA's will permit

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
how does the wifi work? similr to n900 where if known network is found it auto connects? and does the browser have text wrapping on zoom?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Hopefully all of Nokia's preaching about Qt easily bringing apps to all platforms will mean they're more than willing to share the new and updated Harmattan apps with N900 users.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
I think most of us with N950's will be careful to make comments in public places related to its performance, etc. It is a developer device, intended to bring OSS apps ready for N9 sales start.
By developer device you mean left-overs from a batch of scrapped phones, right? I fail to see any reason why to maintain a shroud of secrecy in regards to nokia's way of putting out the garbage in a productive way...

The Following User Says Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post: