Notices

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
BTW, any reason, why this dialog must be modal? Couldn't it be normal, cancelable one, that, upon dismissing, would cancel current operation?

I've other bug to report - but, this one haven't appeared in last version, it's present for some time. When traversing into videos tree (for example, entering video -> related -> other videos, their related, etc) and watching a video through cutetube player only first playback works ok.

Then, if cancelled (by back arrow), video stops OK, but next one is borked - sound goes "twice", echoing itself one or more times, and videos seems to appear and disappear on itself, too (maybe it's also played twice). Only one way to fix it, is gong back into main menu, or reversing back through video's tree many "hoops".

It isn't 100% reproducible on 2nd video, sometimes it happens at 3th or 4th playback - but, generally, if you watch few videos cancelling them, you will get hit by this bug for sure. I've tested it only with dailymotion, mind you.

/Estel
Same here!So, from 10 attempts to videostream a youtube clip only 1 time works(first time;after that i should restart the app.). Hope you can fix it! Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited by rslick; 2013-04-18 at 17:16.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by rslick View Post
Same here!So, from 10 attempts to videostream a youtube clip only 1 time works(first time;after that i should restart the app.) like it should be!Almoust unusable app.Not to mention that it closes itself when trying to play a dailymotion clip.Hope you can fix it .Thanks
The issue that Estel reported is unrelated. I'm guessing that you are using cuteTube-QML, rather than cuteTube. If so, here's a two-step solution:
  1. Enable extras-devel repository and update (if required).
  2. Enter
Code:
apt-get remove qmltube && apt-get install cutetube

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
Yes sir you guessed right!Done what you said and it works nice.Thank you very mutch!

The Following User Says Thank You to rslick For This Useful Post:
Version 1.7.3 is now available from extras-devel. Changelog:

* HD Dailymotion video downloads restored.
* Operations that show the progress dialog can now be cancelled.
* Old database is removed.
* Code re-factoring.
* Minor bugfixes.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2013-06-02 at 13:25. Reason: Autobuilder fixed

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Is there a way to change the reported user agent in cutetube? If I use firefox as my reported user agent with hide-user-agent in microb I get much better search results on youtube and then cut/paste the video ID from the end of the url into cutetube search to watch music videos and the like which do not come up in regular cutetube searches for song titles.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Is there a way to change the reported user agent in cutetube? If I use firefox as my reported user agent with hide-user-agent in microb I get much better search results on youtube and then cut/paste the video ID from the end of the url into cutetube search to watch music videos and the like which do not come up in regular cutetube searches for song titles.
I doubt that changing the user-agent in cuteTube would affect the search results, as it uses the public YouTube API. For best results, set the order to 'Relevance'.

EDIT: You can try it out for yourself by performing a search in your browser with various user-agents.

Example search query: https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/...ce&q='n900'

Change the 'q' parameter to you chosen query.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2013-06-02 at 14:01.

It might be the results are affected by quotes. On my Sony TV, entering a term without quotes seems to automatically wrap the request in quotes so to recreate on cuteTube I have to add them manually.

marxian: The refactoring does make the code much cleaner, especially Session as it was becoming a bit bloated. I know a lot of people don't like the manager/singleton approach, but it does in this case make it much easier to access certain functions. Just have to refactor my derived project now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I doubt that changing the user-agent in cuteTube would affect the search results(snip)
Interesting with this release I am getting music videos coming up on searches again. I had played with the different ranking options but it might be a regional thing too.

In any case cutetube keeps kicking ***, thanks for keeping it working and current!

Last edited by biketool; 2013-06-02 at 14:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
It might be the results are affected by quotes. On my Sony TV, entering a term without quotes seems to automatically wrap the request in quotes so to recreate on cuteTube I have to add them manually.
cuteTube adds quotes:

Code:
url.addQueryItem("q", QString("\"%1\"|%2").arg(query).arg(query.simplified().replace(' ', '+')));
They are double quotation marks, but it doesn't seem to matter.

My website

GitHub

Why the cutetube libx11-data cann't upgrade?

file size mismacth???

Tags
youtube