Posts: 34 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Reading all this it's very hard to understand why Nokia canceled this great project!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martinwozenilek For This Useful Post:
Make the thread a poll. Then people can reply yes or no quickly. Just a thought.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Using one since the end of 2010. Bought second one last year in case first one breaks.

Was looking few times for a replacement, but it is hard to find something with keyboard here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceskateclog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by iceskateclog View Post
Using one since the end of 2010. Bought second one last year in case first one breaks

Was looking few times for a replacement, but it is hard to find something with keyboard here
I really have to do the same. I am thinking about it for almost a year now (!)

have to buy a second N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
me too
using n900 as main phone and pretty happy with it

The Following User Says Thank You to j0zeph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Mee too..

Ofcourse the only useable alternative to N900 would be a ~10 year old N9xx0 ... maybe the even the browser on those would be useful now with todays mobile webpages?

Todays phones are just too primitive so they are not an alterntive...

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Using the N900 daily. Love it. Best phone/IM/communication device I have ever owned. Main reason I'm sticking with it now is the fact it can do wi-fi sharing no problem (QtMobileHotspot) and the Bluetooth tethering is perfect with my iPod Touch and Nexus 7. I don't use N900 anymore for browsing, I tether with an iPod Touch for that. Plus, I get all the apps from iOS, too. This is the best of two worlds for me. Once I get around to figuring out bluetooth tethering on the N9 then I'll probably move on to that.

The Following User Says Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
the main reason i use N900 is for
1.its qwerty
2.IM &VOIP integration(BEST IN CLASS)
3.Browser(though its old its Gold)
4.Software support from a wonderful forum.. i bet no other phone will get a straight 4th year support
5.and last but not the least MAEMO..(keeps everything simple)

after 3yrs with my N900 i still couldn't figure out whether this is a smartphone/tablet/fablet

Best in class!!!

long live the community.. Long live N900..

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Both my wife and I still use the N900 as our main phone. Neither of us utilize the full power of the device to be sure but I do play with mine often, running thumb. She has yet to see anyone else show her something on their phone she wants that can't be done on hers.

Main uses and stoppers from moving on:

1. Music. The FM transmitter is rock solid and with my 64gb microsd card full of music, I'd only be interested in something with expandable storage.

2. Web. As said above, old but gold.

3. Camera...night shots suck but man this thing shines with good light.

4. I use the phone as a phone for work daily, the call quality has always been great on Tmo in MN..and the $5 Tzones plan still works. Love it.

5. Durability. I don't drop my phone often but when it drops from the Chipotle high top to the concrete floor, I don't bat an eye. This sucker is a tank, but in a good way!

I'll probably get an updated phone in the coming year or two, I'd like to find a better camera, keep the expandable storage and have great web browsing/email. I'll just have to live with out the FM transmitter...dammit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sphinx780 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
I use n900 as my main phone since 2009.Changed the display (myself)after broken in my pants pocket,changed the touchscreen (myself),last year cause it was not responding,reflashed 3-4 times.now it's working flawless and i have everithing i whant;i can play movies,youtube,games,browse the internet, make photos,filming,skype video call etc.What else should i need more.It's a phone not a laptop or a pc.For advanced games and programs i own a PC and a laptop,and i don't belive that a phone/tablet can match a home PC ever so i will stick to n900 until "he" or i will die.

Last edited by rslick; 2013-01-31 at 14:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to rslick For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900