Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
With the attached .deb installed, it works for me. Make sure libsoup from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1608 is installed as well

EDIT:
source code https://github.com/freemangordon/qyoutube
Tried this. Installed ok, but now it says "video cannot be played" instead of earlier "no streams found".

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
So have you installed all thoseright and needed qt4-core and qt4-network, libsoup, have updated ssl and ca-certificates and the right qyoutube? I just need to know where to get the right qt4-core and then I believe I can dpkg -i the qt4-network and then I believe it could work. And I think open mediaplayer set at as default helps (according to some in the cutetube thread). Have you checked that thread, like two-three pages from the end?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany, Wolfenbuettel
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Attached .deb is for stock (no cssu) maemo, not tested though

EDIT:
actually this is for cssu-stable
hi freemangordon,

many thx for the update! im on cssu:
"Community SSU installed
Version: 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo12
Flavor: Testing"

and your second linked qyoutoube-deb with the referenced libsoup.deb (libsoup2.4-1_2.30.2-1+squeeze1+0m5_armel.deb)

worked for downloading like a charm. also the convertng command to
Code:
/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i \"%f\" -vn -acodec copy \"%f\".ma4
Video-playback is working, but i haven't tested much.

with regards

The Following User Says Thank You to chrischras For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
@endsormeans
You shall be right about misinterpreting things... That is me as well... And I fully understand what you are trying to say or at least trying to understand. One thing is for sure: this wonderful community taught me and gave me so much... Even if we are from different cultures and living different part of the world we have so much in common. So thank you.

@freemangordon
Sadly it is not working for me; when searching it says 'unknown error' and cannot find any video. The given libsoup is installed. I'm on CSSU so tried that version.

UPDATE:// The secondly linked qyoutube deb did the trick; now it is working fine for me as well. Thanks, again...!

Last edited by justmemory; 2019-09-01 at 18:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
I now got the right libqt4-core 12 version which I found from cssu testing pool. After that I got libqt4-networking installed without errors. Now when I tried to watch a video it opened the mediaplayer and was really going to play but then displayed a text "cannot connect to server". So is this now the problem disabled TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.1? What do I need to do to enable? I will try to make good instructions if I get this working.

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-08-31 at 14:16.

TLS enabling help, anyone?

Because I could not find help from here or from my linux friend (have only one friend using linux) I thought that maybe I have done something wrong and I need to use the backup I made. So I booted to fanoush boot menu and made a replace from there. No errors and all well. Booted and the display was all grey. Logging screen were grey with odd boxes. Booted again to bootmenu and tried with different settings. The phone did not boot anymore. At night back home tried reflashing with windows. The phone just constantly vibrated when connected with usb, no usb driver installed, no help from libusb and boot mode on. This morning tried reflashing with linux. Done. Now started from scratch again. The same error on cutetube2. It finds videos and gives downloading formats but download doesn't start neither playing saying can't connect to server. Have installed all libsoup qyoutube updated certs openssl libssl is now 1.1 . Have installed qt4-networking also. So annoyed that some just use it while I can't.

Edit: I have now also lost mobile hotspot. It wont start and I think it is related to these packages I have installed for cutetube. Reeeaaally annoying.

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-09-01 at 13:06.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany, Wolfenbuettel
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
...reinstall-nightmare and reboot-failures ... Now started from scratch again. The same error on cutetube2. It finds videos and gives downloading formats but download doesn't start neither playing saying can't connect to server. Have installed all libsoup qyoutube updated certs openssl libssl is now 1.1 . Have installed qt4-networking also. So annoyed that some just use it while I can't.

Edit: I have now also lost mobile hotspot. It wont start and I think it is related to these packages I have installed for cutetube. Reeeaaally annoying.

Hm, i think that starting from scratch was the right way, if you want to get the working cutetube2. But to help you is a bit difficult if you act on different solutions and we cannot follow as fast.
1 - Please show us your enabled repositories
2 - please post output of 'cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list'
3 - in /home/user/.config/cuteTube2/cuteTube2.conf is downloadPath configured. In terminal go there 'cd *downloadPath*', and look, if you hit the download-button if files show up there: 'ls -ltra'
4 - start cutetube2 in Terminal with extended verbosity to file and look afterwards for errors in this file when you press download. In terminal: '/opt/cuteTube2/bin/cuteTube2 -v 5 > /home/user/MyDocs/yt-output.txt', look in this yt-output.txt-file what is going on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrischras For This Useful Post:
Thanks for help. This is what my conf looks like. No download path. Search history cleaned cause it was just random videos which zi used to try downloading. Can you show how it should look like?

Edit: Added config lines from cutetube.conf to cutetube2.conf and now I got transfer working. So if someone could post the cutetube2.config who has a working cutetube2 with videoplayback I would be VERY GLAD!

[Search]
searchHistory=
searchType\youtube=Videos (relevance)
searchType\vimeo=Videos (date)
searchType\dailymotion=Videos (date)

[Content]
videoPlayer=mediaplayer
currentService=youtube
locale=en_US

[UI]
transfersHeaderViewState=@ByteArray(\0\0\0\xff\0\0 \0\0\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0 \0\0\x5\x2\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\x64\0\0\x3 \0\0\0\x5\x1\0\0\x1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\x64\xf f\xff\xff\xff\0\0\0\x81\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\x5\0\0\0\xe5 \0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0W\ 0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\0\0\0\x1I\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\x9 b\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\0)

[DownloadFormats]
youtube=360p MP4 audio/video

[PlaybackFormats]
youtube=360p MP4 audio/video

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-09-01 at 18:31.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
With the attached .deb installed, cutetube plays every clip I tried. According to sixwheeledbeast, downloads work as well. Choose .deb based on cssu your device is on (stable covers both -stable and -testing)
Attached Files
File Type: deb qyoutube_0.1.9-2_armel.cssu_stable.deb (109.2 KB, 347 views)
File Type: deb qyoutube_0.1.9-2_armel.cssu_thumb.deb (91.0 KB, 365 views)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: