Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
infinity best can be used to flash a n9
a little creativity can do it
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
can somebody explain me all the stuff that is in (R&D and stuff) please
also can the r&d mode text that comes up while booting be extended with more information or can the n900 be configured to show the whole bootup process like a traditional linux

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Hi to all

One of my friends needs to Firmware but it seems that all servers are down.
Does anybody has working links (at least for main Firmwares)

Thanks a lot

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hrbani For This Useful Post:
@hrbani
all of the firmware images members of our community have shared are available in this thread.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ballarat, Australia
Hi,

First time N9 user (better late than never, eh? Still using my N900 daily). I've just bought an N9 on eBay and sure enough it needs a reflash. As soon as I inserted my SIM it has locked itself & is asking for the security code which is unknown by previous owner. Phone has been in her cupboard for a few years. Don't worry IMEI checks out fine so unit not stolen!

But I'm a little stumped as to how I might reflash given all the links I have tried for flashing software seem to be dead.

What are my options? Seller has advised I can return unit if I want, but I'd love to see it working again. Is Naviflash available anywhere these days?

Cheers,
Stuart.

EDIT: Well I've found a copy of Naviflash, but it's trying to access www.dsut-qa.online.nokia.com & that is obviously not going to work. so need to think harder about other options!

Last edited by stustustu; 2016-07-08 at 19:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stustustu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
first of all: it is never late for N9

so you have an N9 and the seller cannot even tell the security code? you can find some basic firmwares here. take a look. as far as i remember i have no EMMC for your region, but you can find the original main software. maybe someone will help in that case here.

btw NaviFirm is dead now cause Nokia started to reorganising their network sources in january and still no way to access for any official firmware servers.

(oh and you can also check the comment above you)

Last edited by ViBE; 2016-07-08 at 19:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by stustustu View Post
Hi,

First time N9 user (better late than never, eh? Still using my N900 daily). I've just bought an N9 on eBay and sure enough it needs a reflash. As soon as I inserted my SIM it has locked itself & is asking for the security code which is unknown by previous owner. Phone has been in her cupboard for a few years. Don't worry IMEI checks out fine so unit not stolen!

But I'm a little stumped as to how I might reflash given all the links I have tried for flashing software seem to be dead.

What are my options? Seller has advised I can return unit if I want, but I'd love to see it working again. Is Naviflash available anywhere these days?

Cheers,
Stuart.

EDIT: Well I've found a copy of Naviflash, but it's trying to access www.dsut-qa.online.nokia.com & that is obviously not going to work. so need to think harder about other options!
can you look, which model it is (16/64gb, color) and which product code?

i need to look in my fundus, have alo FW for N9

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ballarat, Australia
Woohoo, it lives again!! I managed to flash it after a few trials and tribulations. Couldn't get my flasher.exe to recognise it on my Win7 machine, so I installed the .deb version (into Fedora LOL) and managed to flash it that way. Thanks so much for your help, I'm actually kinda excited to play with it now. Have wanted an N9 since they came out so should be great getting to know it. Might have a go at a Sailfish install if i get bored... Cheers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stustustu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by stustustu View Post
Woohoo, it lives again!! I managed to flash it after a few trials and tribulations. Couldn't get my flasher.exe to recognise it on my Win7 machine, so I installed the .deb version (into Fedora LOL) and managed to flash it that way. Thanks so much for your help, I'm actually kinda excited to play with it now. Have wanted an N9 since they came out so should be great getting to know it. Might have a go at a Sailfish install if i get bored... Cheers!
first install Openrepos Warehouse on it....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Here you all what you need to start with the N9 without Nokia

https://wiki.maemo.org/Resurrect_your_N9

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9