Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have selected Order/Chaos for the theme of this month!
You are free to express your view of the world through any contrasting themes that fit the description; provided you can explain it away convincingly

Same rules apply as on previous rounds (copy-pasta from before):

Photos must be taken during this month
Photos must be taken by the posting member
Photos must be taken with a camera phone
Users post only one photo per entry
Users can change the entry only once
Users must name the phone they used (OS/software would be nice too)

Last three days of this month are for voting. Have fun and enjoy.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Is just one or the other not good enough? I can take a pic of my daughter's room anytime for the ultimate demonstration of entropy.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Is just one or the other not good enough? I can take a pic of my daughter's room anytime for the ultimate demonstration of entropy.
I'd like to see both sides of it in one picture to qualify.
If you can fit your daughter somehow in superposition between the states it'd be just perfect!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
True story: On our Tuesday after-school frogurt date, my daughter was asking about this month's photo contest theme. After I explained what "chaos" was, she said: "you could take a picture of my room". After I finished laughing both at the idea and the coincidence, I said, "no, another member already had that idea, and there needs to be a little order there as well."

Her reply to that was: "I could clean half of it!"

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Her reply to that was: "I could clean half of it!"
Indeed, that would be an acceptable competition entry then!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Same here.

Maybe we should start a competition about which daughter's room is more chaotic.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
My sister's room before she moved to another place... But can't really take a photo of it now since it's empty. I need to somehow take a photo of my life right now, half of it is ok but the other half is not lol.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Since there's no entries yet. I'll throw in something that is easy to surpass.

"Chaos Artists", taken by Jolla sbj1

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Order amongst chaos.

Spring break for the kids this year corresponded with my wife's annual medical conference in Orlando.

The setting of this particular photo is the Disney Animal Kingdom Park right outside the Mount Everest roller coaster. Huge crowds are everywhere at peak times in the Disney parks complex. But for really popular rides, there's the "fastpass" system. This allows you to book a ride for a one-hour time period hours, days, or even weeks in advance. But in the midst of the crowds, how do you even find the end of the fastpass line? The answer is, when crowds are truly massive, an actual human being stands with a sign at the end of the line, advancing and retreating as needed -- in this case, it's the man in the scarlet tunic who provides the order in the chaos.

BTW, the same sign-holder system is used on particularly busy pedestrian thoroughfares to urge guests to walk on the right when traversing an area in the parks. (Visitors come from all over the world, after all.) I would have liked to get a picture of the "walk right" sign but, you know, it was too chaotic. Seriously.

BTW[2], the man in the orange Nike "vapor" baseball cap seems to be using the reservation system on his phone as the photo was shot. I didn't notice that at the time.

Edit 3: OnePlus X, SFOS, stock camera.

Last edited by robthebold; 2017-03-29 at 13:49. Reason: Bigger monitor = better URL embedding

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Workplace

To the left: My workplace a tiny island of order fighting against ...
To the right: My fathers RC fiddling place, includes the PC
Above: Stuff left behind from a previous employee

Taken with my Nokia 808 Pureview.

Now that I finished university I have time to win the fight

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition