Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Roy G. Biv approves of that picture!
pichlo does not approve of the way it was taken

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Winter Curtain

1/500 @f/1.9 ISO 50 Lumia 950 DS, adjusted with Adobe Photoshop Express.
Attached Images

Last edited by tzsm98; 2017-02-20 at 23:51. Reason: attempt to get image to appear.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I like! Drive carefully!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Ever wondered how clouds are made?
They are all done in my Backyard!
Well, it's not a cloud computing serverfarm but four coal plants doing power for 1/5 of the country.
The hole they dig is quite impressive, the hills on the right hand are what they pull out, minus the coal.

Camera was Nexus5 with SFOS 2.0.5.6

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Ever wondered how clouds are made?
They are all done in my Backyard!
Well, it's not a cloud computing serverfarm but four coal plants doing power for 1/5 of the country.
The hole they dig is quite impressive, the hills on the right hand are what they pull out, minus the coal.
http://www.mosushi.net/blog/wp-conte...24_170251_.jpg
Camera was Nexus5 with SFOS 2.0.5.6
I love the layers of clouds -- or, um, energy byproduct vapor -- in that photo and the light and darkness inn them. Who doesn't like saying, "chiaroscuro"?

And what's growing all nice and green in the foreground? Winter wheat?

ed. . I even see corpuscular ("corpsuckyouler" and I said in my youth) rays and lens flare in the big(ger than my screen) version!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
And what's growing all nice and green in the foreground? Winter wheat?
Yes, winter wheat. Apart from shitty air quality, green is the thing that we have loads of here.
Some local promotion, come visit the widest hole in europe. Sporting on of the largest vehicle on earth and visible from space if you have view on full europe

Last edited by mosen; 2017-02-24 at 23:56.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
First post from a +1 year long lurker.
Taken with my Jolla1, standard settings, only cropped with Gimp.
Some light, some shadow, one (fake) rose stretching for the sunlight.
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mossy For This Useful Post:

http://i.imgur.com/CyGpJXh.jpg

Sunlight filtered through faux stained glass.

OnePlus X running Sailfish OS, stock Sailfish camera.

Does it have a backstory? Why, yes, thanks for asking . . .

The decorative window hanging was created by my wife from an old window sash, self-adhesive plastic strips of "lead" and translucent enamel. The design is adapted from the leaded glass windows in the living room of our previous home, a 1920 Craftsman-style bungalow. The colors are from her imagination -- the originals are clear glass.

I like the way it adds color to the room, particularly in the brownish-grey of wintertime. The colorful stylized flowers make a nice contrast to the dreary landscape behind it, cheering me up a little when the winter sun shows itself.

Last edited by robthebold; 2017-02-25 at 22:27. Reason: think I fixed the imgur link to work on deskop and mobile browsers now . . .

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Some local promotion, come visit the widest hole in europe. Sporting on of the largest vehicle on earth and visible from space if you have view on full europe

http://www.ksta.de/image/2317012/max...c-2584-jpg.jpghttp://www.mosushi.net/blog/wp-conte...hfromspace.png
Wow. Just wow. A shame that thing doesn't have its own theme song like its little brother (sister?)

Coincidentally, there's a similar artifact not far from here! In a now-exhausted strip mine rests Big Brutus, now the largest existing electric shovel in the world (the larger ones having been scrapped years ago). Although physically different and much smaller than that bucket-wheel monster of yours, it's still pretty big and served the same purpose: overburden removal from a surface coal mine. It was assembled in place, and was deemed economically impractical to move or to tear down and scrap after it finished its work in the mid 70s. It's now a museum and tourist attraction -- just one reason we're #46 in tourism in the 50 US states plus DC. Take that Nebraska!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@robthebold, I can't see your picture. After your edit, I can no longer see the link either.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
cameraphone, competition, february, sunlight, _2017_