Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
thanks, i mean restoring partition WITHOUT using backup is possible or not? Currently mmcblk0p28 failed to mount, filesystem is very damaged. Is there any way to recreate it with no backups?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
hmm
wonder if something like setting version to say 1.0.2.5 (ssu) and then doing version --dup would make a difference

@nieldk what are you talking about when mean ssu?

ssu re 1.0.2.5
ssu ur
version --dup

perhaps that would force a download and fresh install of files, and give you a functional filesystem

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Fillip you have one warning, one, derail this thread once more & your posts will be removed, that goes for anyone else.
And no I won't waste my time relocating them to a new thread in the off-topic sub-forum, they will just be deleted...

N.B.
I'm not subscribed to this thread so if the BS continues please use the report facility, going to bed in about ~30min so I may not respond quickly.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-09-14 at 14:02.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Unless You did some magic, the partition on Jolla is 14.8 Gb and doing a 1/1 dump will make a dd copy that size.
Right. Unless you put that file onto a storage with compression, like NTFS4 introduced (as I assume lots of zeros on p28).
I am sure you realize that a file stored on a compressed FS still has the original size (as does a sparse file for that matter, although that is not discussed here). The available space left on the drive may decrease by less than the new file size but that is irrelevant.

IOW, a 14GB file will not magically turn into a 4GB file when copied to a compressed FS. It will still be a 14GB file, albeit it may occupy only 4GB (or less) real space.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@nieldk please read carefully: mmcblk0p28 cannot be mounted, because of filesystem errors! we need solution to restore filesystem to working state to be able to mount it and restore factory image.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@nieldk please read carefully: mmcblk0p28 cannot be mounted, because of filesystem errors! we need solution to restore filesystem to working state to be able to mount it and restore factory image.
Yes, will see how much I can compress a "factory" image for uploading somewhere.

so, there are no way to just recreate filesystem on mmcblk0p28 device? i think factory btrfs snapshot was not damaged and can be restored as soon as mmcblk0p28 can be mounted. is there any way to fix filesystem without using dd image?

if btrfs is not damaged You should be able to use recovery to factory reset the device (perhaps even the btrfs repair option)

Tags
backup, jolla image