Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I note that sailfish-maps is no longer in the Jolla store (checked on Sailfish X)
It is only available for the original Jolla 1, something to do with licensing with HERE. No newer device gets support. It looks like until last year you could download with pkcon:

https://sailfishmods.de/2016/08/joll...hinstallieren/

but that seems to no longer be the case

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to haskellcurrying For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I would have added WhoGo Maps https://openrepos.net/content/otsaloma/whogo-maps to the list. In my eyes, head and shoulders above anything else on SFOS these days. Since your hardware is compatible, there is no reason for not going for the best.
Stupid me, still not used to the new name . Anyway fantastic work of you guys!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by haskellcurrying View Post
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Honestly, I've tried OSM Scout and WhoGo.

I'm not in the business of knocking awesome developers building cool stuff for a small platform in their free time, but neither are quite what I'm looking for. Both are awesome project to be sure, but yeah.
as one of the developers working on maps software (OSM Scout Server, offline provider for use with the map clients), I am curious. What did you find missing in them? Has it been covered in github issues of the projects already or is it something different? Constructive critique is welcome, it helps to evolve.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
as one of the developers working on maps software (OSM Scout Server, offline provider for use with the map clients), I am curious. What did you find missing in them? Has it been covered in github issues of the projects already or is it something different? Constructive critique is welcome, it helps to evolve.
Jolla's Maps application has a really nice way of saving favourite locations (with a picture). Other than that, I can't actually think of anything Jolla Maps does that Poor/WhoGo Maps and modRana don't do a thousand times better.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
I know digging out your old Jolla 1 and getting it updated to 2.1.4 can be a pain, but it really is a total of 4 rpms once you're there. I would love the help.
For a "grandfathered" Jolla account upon Jolla 1 Maps first appears in 1.1.9.30 (Eineheminlampi) incidentally after reset.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
For a "grandfathered" Jolla account upon Jolla 1 Maps first appears in 1.1.9.30 (Eineheminlampi) incidentally after reset.
Wait are you telling me that its the not the device but the date of the account?!

The Following User Says Thank You to haskellcurrying For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
I very much do miss the following "stupid" feature : if I simply tap somewhere in the map, I can see point-to-point distance from my location. Nothing fancy, and usually I do it when I want to get a feeling how far is that from me instead of a super-accurate timing for a walk / drive. And as a human being, I am quite often driven by feelings :-D

I know that (at least) poor maps does allow me to mark a point with a "long tap", which is followed by a pop-up with some routing options ... maybe if the popup would also display the p2p distance? And of course, a short-tap option (optional?) for this would be even better...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Wait are you telling me that its the not the device but the date of the account?!
Just elucidating that in my scenario from reset, Jolla account used appertains to that created upon release of Jolla 1 the first one. In any case if you upgrade to 2.1.4.14 (Lapuanjoki) Maps application will be removed from device and you would then have to re-download sailfish-maps-1.1.28-10.43.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm with it's dependency qt5-plugin-geoservices-here-5.2.1+git27-1.3.2.armv7hl using pkcon in terminal.

Incidentally you didn't search very hard in the first place albeit for earlier version, although usage is still a breach of licensing agreement.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=532

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2018-04-02 at 14:33. Reason: Addition

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
haskellcurrying : have you resolved your rpm quest ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
=> https://cedesguin-drive.mycozy.cloud...88aaa8a5dc54aa

(Taken from my old Jolla phone)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to objectifnul For This Useful Post: