I've read about Diablo, but i can;t figure this out:
(1) Is Diablo the LAST OS upgrade that does a complete install,
Or is it the FIRST upgrade that does an incremental install?
(If it's incremental, then I have time to do it now.)

(2) I use one of the few apps that apparently works correctly with os2008 but not diablo: the Gnumerics spreadsheet. How do I find out when Gnumerics has delivered a standard (?) upgrade for Diablo so that I can safely upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

-toby robison, author of the fantasy novel, http://raven'sGift.com

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by tobyr21 View Post
(1) Is Diablo the LAST OS upgrade that does a complete install,
Or is it the FIRST upgrade that does an incremental install?
(If it's incremental, then I have time to do it now.)
You flash Diablo like all previous OS updates, but updates after Diablo (23-14) will be provided using the Application manager (30-2, for instance).

(2) I use one of the few apps that apparently works correctly with os2008 but not diablo: the Gnumerics spreadsheet. How do I find out when Gnumerics has delivered a standard (?) upgrade for Diablo so that I can safely upgrade?
Hasn't Gnumeric been pushed to Diablo Extras-devel? You should be able to just install the Chinook one if it hasn't, anyway.

On July 4, Chelli posted here ( http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=21320&page=2 ) that he had fixed the problem. Often, after a developer posts a fix, others find that it's not fully fixed. I am totally dependent on my gnumeric spreadsheets, and really want to know it's safe o move them to Siablo before i tak the chance.
Thanks! -- toby robison, author of the fantasy novel, http://ravensGift.com

That issue prevented gnumeric from installing. I have gnumeric installed on mine, so I think it's safe to say it's been fixed.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
...I am totally dependent on my gnumeric spreadsheets, and really want to know it's safe o move them to Siablo before i tak the chance....
You do NOT have to take any chance. I am using gnumeric several times a day. Yes, several times a day. No problem on 23-14 or 30-2, diablo.

bun

I upgraded to Diablo. Unlike those in other posts, my battery life seems to be superior. But I had only just installed "usb host control," on my OS2007.51.3 os so that I could use a usb keyboard, and thumb drive. Not knowing better, I returned to maemo to download the program again for Diablo. But Diablo gave me an error message. So, I'm thinking I read that usb control is already in Diablo. That brought me here. Now I read that some people have some form of usb control, accessible through control pane. I do not! Neither do I find anything remotely useful in "Installable applications." Duh!

There is another thread which deals somewhat with this, but I cannot find it. And again, duh!

Anyway, I want to use a usb keyboard, or at least have the option. After all, one day I may forget to bring one of my two bluetooth boards. Besides, last night I was trying to do a Ctrl D. Nothing! Ctrl C worked. At least I was able to copy and paste a url to notes. Duh, anyway, duh! It would have been less trouble I believe to have become a programmer and deal with this stuff, than to shuffle through so many posts, and engine searches.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by N81 View Post
I upgraded to Diablo. Unlike those in other posts, my battery life seems to be superior. But I had only just installed "usb host control," on my OS2007.51.3 os so that I could use a usb keyboard, and thumb drive. Not knowing better, I returned to maemo to download the program again for Diablo. But Diablo gave me an error message. So, I'm thinking I read that usb control is already in Diablo. That brought me here. Now I read that some people have some form of usb control, accessible through control pane. I do not! Neither do I find anything remotely useful in "Installable applications." Duh!
http://wiki.maemo.org/USB_host_mode

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: