Notices

Ytube is giving prolems too huh...Cutetube has been giving me "Error: Unable to Retrieve Video". I thought it was just me.

So is anyone able to play videos right now on either app?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Youtube server has been making some changes on their video url, we need to change on our too, will work on it ASAP!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
wooo,i miss youtube on my n900::...

Ytube v1-7 was just uploaded to repository and will be available shortly.

- Quick fix to get video playing but in flash quality at the moment. (still look better than "error, unable to retrieve video" )
- Video Download and HQ video playback is not possible at the moment due to youtube had made changes and hide their mp4 video url link.

Last edited by khuong; 2011-08-04 at 17:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Bad news for N900, seem like youtube had closed the loophole that give us ability to download video in mp4 format. I guess N900 will be stuck with youtube flash video only from now on end.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Ytube v1-7 was just uploaded to repository and will be available shortly.

- Quick fix to get video playing but in flash quality at the moment. (still look better than "error, unable to retrieve video" )
- Video Download and HQ video playback is not possible at the moment due to youtube had made changes and hide their mp4 video url link.
Thanks for the update, was already getting bored to trying to use the normal Youtube website on my N900. The new version even fixed my problems with portrait video playback.

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Thanks for the update, was already getting bored to trying to use the normal Youtube website on my N900. The new version even fixed my problems with portrait video playback.
I am glad, it worked! I haven't used my phone to play video since i got my gtab.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Its still possible to get mp4 medium. This bookmarklet does it nicely:

Code:
javascript:x=unescape(document.getElementsByTagName('embed')[0].getAttribute('flashvars').replace(/.*url_encoded_fmt_stream_map=([^&]*)&.*/,'$1')).split(/,/).map(function(x){o={};x.split(/&/).forEach(function(x){t=x.split(/=/);o[t[0]]=unescape(t[1])});return o});'<table border=1><tr><td>'+x.map(function(x){return [x.type, x.quality,x.url].join('</td><td>')}).join('</td></tr><tr><td>')+'</td></tr></table>'
also qmltube seems to work fine now too. and my vlc lua script also uses the mp4 stream.
Attached Images

Last edited by casketizer; 2011-08-05 at 01:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Its still possible to get mp4 medium. This bookmarklet does it nicely:

Code:
javascript:x=unescape(document.getElementsByTagName('embed')[0].getAttribute('flashvars').replace(/.*url_encoded_fmt_stream_map=([^&]*)&.*/,'$1')).split(/,/).map(function(x){o={};x.split(/&/).forEach(function(x){t=x.split(/=/);o[t[0]]=unescape(t[1])});return o});'<table border=1><tr><td>'+x.map(function(x){return [x.type, x.quality,x.url].join('</td><td>')}).join('</td></tr><tr><td>')+'</td></tr></table>'
also qmltube seems to work fine now too. and my vlc lua script also uses the mp4 stream.
Thanks very much, I tried that before but unsuccessful, I thought the server may have an ua redirection or something, turn out it was the unescape string that gave me problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
New Ytube v1-8 was just uploaded and changes below:

* Fixed Download and HQ Videos playback.
* Added multiple new functions to Video Player Interface.

Hopefully youtube won't make anymore changes anytime soon.

Thanks to casketizer for giving some hint to restore the mp4 download/playback.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post: