Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
The fact is they didn't. If something, what Nokia has done is to underscore the N900 all around, specially in Nokia World.

That the device itself is so good that generated so much blitz despite Nokia's effort to underplay it, is a whole different issue.
I'll defer to you on the "nokia world" part of it, and blame my perspective on my environment, the us market. In the US market, hardware providers tend to have all that other stuff figured out before announcing products.

Originally Posted by matthewcc View Post
I'll defer to you on the "nokia world" part of it, and blame my perspective on my environment, the us market. In the US market, hardware providers tend to have all that other stuff figured out before announcing products.
I do believe that the N900 have all that stuff figured out for their selected markets. What would be painful for a lot of people here is that, for whatever reason, the US is not considered between those markets.

I share your pain, because even if I don't live in the US, 3G in my country has the AT&T frequencies. Gotta be patient, I guess (even more since I am waiting on Harmattan).

Last edited by mrojas; 2009-09-14 at 17:04.

I think with the n900, nokia really doesn't care, so to speak, if joe and mary smith are gonna go to the wal-mart and see that there are not any nokia n900s in stock and be pissed. This is the most expensive device nokia is selling right now and probably one of the most expensive on the market today, so, no, it is not for everybody at all.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
I think with the n900, nokia really doesn't care, so to speak, if joe and mary smith are gonna go to the wal-mart and see that there are not any nokia n900s in stock and be pissed. This is the most expensive device nokia is selling right now and probably one of the most expensive on the market today, so, no, it is not for everybody at all.
More likely joe and mary never heard of the n900 so they wouldn't even know they should be upset... Maybe the n900 will catch on because of how underground and exclusive it is... Isn't that how Rap music started?? next thing you know all the kids will be doing it?!

Last edited by matthewcc; 2009-09-14 at 17:17. Reason: clarification

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
wow the N900 is going to be shipped to US retailers on the 27th of this month its official.
http://thenokiablog.com/3438

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
*this date represents the best estimated date provided by the vendor....

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
This is the most expensive device nokia is selling right now and probably one of the most expensive on the market today, so, no, it is not for everybody at all.
I agree with the point you're making but I also have to add that N900 is nowhere near the most expensive device Nokia has. N900 is in high end of smartphones but it's quite cheap compared to other Nokia models (N97, E90, 8800, etc.). (And of course there's also Vertu)

when I go here

http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products

the n900 preorder is the most expensive item

Originally Posted by matthewcc View Post
More likely joe and mary never heard of the n900 so they wouldn't even know they should be upset... Maybe the n900 will catch on because of how underground and exclusive it is... Isn't that how Rap music started?? next thing you know all the kids will be doing it?!
Wow, I wouldn't put the N900 and rap in the same statement. Like they say, you can't have crap without rap.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
quipper8: not if you only look at the MRSP. There can't be any discounts on an unreleased product.

Last edited by qole; 2009-09-14 at 18:59. Reason: MSRP? No, MRSP.