Notices

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Hi all,

Not my application, yoyoek1 is a VERY talented developer who has written a navigation application - yosmapa and it is available in extra-devel repository.

I have been using it since the first version and it seems very stable and full of functionality.

The best thing is (for me anyway) that the developer is adding functionality on a daily basis and is very open to suggestions for further improvements.

It is based on plug-ins and so far has the following features:
  • Multiple map sources
  • POIs
  • Send current location by SMS (sends a link to google maps web page of your location)
  • Voice navigation using espeak (with or without spoken street names)
  • Automatic recalculation of route if you miss a turn (selectable distance before recalculating)
  • Time to arrival and average speed stats
  • One click to call from Google places
  • Search for places as well as addresses
  • Navigate by driving, bicycle or walking
  • Save/load GPX

Please give it a try and let me know your feedback/suggestions, I will keep the tracker updated with reported bugs and feature requests.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmarks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Er, have you seen this thread, started by yoyoek1? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73714

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Co. Wicklow, Ireland
hi there,

I did see that thread, that's where I found the app but I felt that the product was better suited to the applications forum where the other navigation apps are, rather than the development forum. more people seem to visit this forum and I wanted them to know about yosmapa!

Mike

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmarks For This Useful Post: