Notices

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
PlanetM.U.L.E is an updated from the classic M.U.L.E game from the old Atari days; the link above has a linux download. Can someone make it into Debian format so we can play it?

Please...

The site says

To run the game you must install Java from Sun. Download it from www.java.com. The GNU Java version included in for example Ubuntu will not work.

This maybe the reason why it can't be ported. I just thought I would ask.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post
PlanetM.U.L.E is an updated from the classic M.U.L.E game from the old Atari days; the link above has a linux download. Can someone make it into Debian format so we can play it?

Please...

The site says

To run the game you must install Java from Sun. Download it from www.java.com. The GNU Java version included in for example Ubuntu will not work.

This maybe the reason why it can't be ported. I just thought I would ask.
You know.. you COULD just get an Atari 800 emulator and play the real thing. :P That's what I've been doing on my Android devices. (Appropriately enough, I also have a room FULL of Atari 8-bit computers and my own real copy of M.U.L.E. to play on the real thing.. but there's something neat about playing it on-the-go on my Droid or Galaxy Tab).

Surely, there MUST be an Atari 8-bit emulator for the N900.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

I have the original Atari game also, did'nt think of running it on an emulator. Since this was an updated version already in linux, I thought it may not be to hard to convert it to a n900 friendly version.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorul2 For This Useful Post:
Oddly, the Atari 800 emulator hasn't yet been hildonized. I was strongly attempted to do it myself, but I would actually need to learn how to program, and haven't had the time to dedicate myself to it.

Packaging the normal one should be easy though. The problem would be that it uses F# keys a lot.

slaapliedje

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
You could always run the C64 version using the VICE emulator.

However, this still doesn't really answer the OP's question...

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
2 problems:
1) while the site says it's "free", that doesn't necessarily include redistribution. it would be illegal to put it in the maemo repos without explicit approval from the authors of planet mule.
2) the game depends on lwjgl, and no arm & opengl es port of that library exists (yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the response.