Hi ,
I'm Amir. i use to work with S60 phones and i have N82 but after announce of new nokia touch S60 (N97) , i decide to go for N810.
i have one form last week and really happy with this device,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amirtycoon For This Useful Post:
I am a pleased user of the n810. I hope to begin program development for Maemo soon, as part of the Maemo Mapper team.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfessorY For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by ProfessorY View Post
I am a pleased user of the n810. I hope to begin program development for Maemo soon, as part of the Maemo Mapper team.
Welcome ProfessorY to the forum!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Hello!

I'm John, a Brit but living in Spain. Work as a computer consultant.

Just got my N810 today and I am already in love!

Out and about I use my N95, but I needed something to replace my ageing Palm TX, which nowadays I was only using as a home web browser when I don't want to fire up a computer (or my wife and daughter have them occupied!) And that's primarily what the N810 will be used for, something I can pick up and get to my mail, Facebook, sports results, latest news etc. in a few seconds.

And I will say, so far it looks even better than I expected. Love that big, bright screen. The keyboard's not so bad either.

Anyway, belated thanks for all the help I've invisibly received while lurking here.

See You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jchallett For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jchallett View Post
Hello!

I'm John, a Brit but living in Spain. Work as a computer consultant.

Just got my N810 today and I am already in love!

Out and about I use my N95, but I needed something to replace my ageing Palm TX, which nowadays I was only using as a home web browser when I don't want to fire up a computer (or my wife and daughter have them occupied!) And that's primarily what the N810 will be used for, something I can pick up and get to my mail, Facebook, sports results, latest news etc. in a few seconds.

And I will say, so far it looks even better than I expected. Love that big, bright screen. The keyboard's not so bad either.

Anyway, belated thanks for all the help I've invisibly received while lurking here.

See You!

Welcome, John, look forward to your tablet experiences.

Thanks for the welcome, Den!

So far not so good. I can't say I like this thing very much. If there was one word I'd use to describe the 810 it would be "clunky". (I've updated the OS already btw)

Still, I've been reading a thread from someone who didn't like his much at first ("Please talk me into liking my N810") and this weekend I hope to get time to have a good go at the thing and see if I can get the hang of it.

From what I've seen so far it's clearly not a great "straight out of the box" experience.

Still, as I say, final judgement reserved until further tweaking has been done!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to jchallett For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jchallett View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Den!

From what I've seen so far it's clearly not a great "straight out of the box" experience.

Still, as I say, final judgement reserved until further tweaking has been done!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers!
Our NITs (N800 and N810) are pretty much custom devices. We all install only the applications that we are personally thrilled with. For instance, I love Maemo Mapper. I look at a map of where I live and can overlay either weather data (rain) or highway traffic congestion data before going to work. I love Skype and chat and also talk with my friends and family throughout the day. I love MyTube with is a YouTube viewer. Also, all of the pictures that I take with my cell phone can be viewed on my N800 through the bluetooth connection. For viewing "memos" or a "to do list" I installed a screen applet called Quick Clip.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
hi guys!! my name is luca, i come from italy and I'm a student, and proud owner of a nokia n800 wich is my pmp (32 gb ) and my umpc (by the way, about this i want to start a discussion on "why we can't consider the n8x0 a real umpc" )

sorry for my bad english by the way xD

...from my n800 xD

Last edited by pinguino89; 2009-07-15 at 18:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinguino89 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pinguino89 View Post
hi guys!! my name is luca, i come from italy and I'm a student, and proud owner of a nokia n800 wich is my pmp (32 gb ) and my umpc (by the way, about this i want to start a discussion on "why we can't consider the n8x0 a real umpc" )

sorry for my bad english by the way xD

...from my n800 xD
Hi Luca, welcome to the forum. I, too, am the owner of an N800. I live in California, USA.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
hey guys,

I'm Jon, stationed in South Korea and have been a member here for about two months or so and actively posting for a few weeks about questions on the N810 (which I just got in the mail a two days ago! so now I finally feel like I'm apart of the community!) to not only get full functionality out of it but use it as a window into the Linux world ( got Ubuntu on my PC as well to broaden my spectrum on OS's and eventually become a Linux user and drop windows) so I hope to not only get get great tips and insight here but also be a great help to others

Thanks ,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalladin For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org