Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I pushed a new build that fixes it (0.74-0maemo4) -- without workaround. This should also slightly increase the fullscreen speed on the N900.

This build also has the work I did long ago on calibration-less Win 3.11 mouse -- I extended the emulated PS2 mouse protocol so that it has a new "tablet" mode. Hopefully no games shall break, as the new protocol defaults to off.

In order to use it on Win3.x however you need a specific mouse driver that I hope to publish soon.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Squee!

Thank you so much chief!!!

v.0.74 actually resolved the sound stutter issue I had in Ultima 6!
Pure awesomeness. Thanks!!

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Thanks for the update !

I tried AnDOSbox today on NITDroid, and it's REALLY amazing!

I really hope that the DOSBox on Maemo can even get better then the one on Android.... (because I rather love to boot Maemo then Android )

And here is the win3.x modified mouse driver... to use, copy to \windows\system and change system.ini so that the mouse.drv line inside [boot] looks like

Code:
mouse.drv=tablet.drv
(changing system.ini.. ah, the memories...)

If for some reason you regularly boot w3.x in Maemo's DOSBox (don't be ashamed, I do ) this will make it way more accurate -- and a bit more usable if you can stand the speed. Let's say this is still under "testing" so it might break stuff.

Note: requires the latest 0.74-0maemo4 or later from extras-devel.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I tried AnDOSbox today on NITDroid, and it's REALLY amazing!
AnDOSBox, another GPL violation?
Sigh -- I'm truly starting to severely dislike Android.

In what sense is it better than the upstream DOSBox?

Last edited by javispedro; 2022-02-16 at 14:08.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
So just to know that I'm using this correctly, how does your latest version go together with Rubybox on Diablo?

Do I overwrite
/usr/share/dosbox/dosbox.conf
with the file from
/home/user/.dosbox/dosbox-0.74.conf
?

EDIT:

I have
/usr/share/dosbox/
created from this post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=578

Last edited by Addison; 2011-05-04 at 21:57.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
AnDOSBox, another GPL violation?
Sigh -- I'm truly starting to severely dislike Android.

In what sense is it better than the upstream DOSBox?
From the website of AnDOSBox:

GPL FAQ

1. Where is the source code?
Source code will be available starting from 26th April, 2011. Any user obtained a copy of AnDOSBox from us can email us with proper subject title and a trackable evidence of being our AnDOSBox user (e.g. an Android Market purchase code) and we will provide the source code, usually on the next working day.

2. Why charge a fee when most work is done by DOSBox Team and they provided it free of charge?
We only charged on our part of involvement, otherwise, the whole project worth far more than that price. Per our selling price, we get more incentive to continue, users glad to access their favour software for a little price, other existing ports get minimal impact, and that doesn't against the license.
source:
http://sites.google.com/site/andosbox/

AnDOSBox:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.locnet.dosbox

Well... I tried many other DOSBox ports, I just have to be honest that AnDOSBox is really so far the best of them all for the Android.
It's the smoothest and it works great with the N900 Keyboard
Unfortunately, the keyboard of the N900 doesn't work very well with the other ports of DOSBox...

Source code will be available starting from 26th April, 2011
Yes, that's exactly what the 64 guy did... Profit early, and when the threat of lawsuits appear... disappear.

Well... I tried many other DOSBox ports, I just have to be honest that AnDOSBox is really so far the best of them all for the Android.
Well, technically, you now have the right to use that source to improve the upstream DOSBox. However, I'm 99.99% sure the miracle DOSBox build that is "the smoothest" of all has no changes at all, and it's just a bit of dressing and a lot of marketing.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
So just to know that I'm using this correctly, how does your latest version go together with Rubybox on Diablo?
It's been a long time since I last used Rubybox

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Do I overwrite
/usr/share/dosbox/dosbox.conf
with the file from
/home/user/.dosbox/dosbox-0.74.conf
?
Not that much has changed between the config files. Probably won't matter much if you copy it or not. I don't think it would be bad though

Oh, unless the one in /usr/share was customized. In which case it's not worth the hassle, just keep it as is.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Javispedro, I'm having a mouse pointer error when initalizing a game. This did not occur with .73, do you know what all was switched with regard to the mouse driver, and if it's possible to revert back to .73's implementation of the mouse within .74?

Thanks for the awesome program, I've been having a blast the past few years playing all the greats on my n900.

2d