Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Gourmand, if you're not happy with your N810.. I'd be happy to swap my N800 with yours

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by j'vai View Post
now the only thing i have to do is learn gizmo voip, since skype won't dl for some odd reason, gizmo will be great when i go on my cruise this sept, who needs a gsm phone for overseas travel, when they have mobile voip?... i'm luvin this tool..
Install RTComm and you will have native SIP using the built in, look on this forum for a thread about it.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
purchase date: 3/30/08

feels sturdy
feels relatively snappy

dislikes:
battery cover wiggles
application manager is a pain in the butt

undecided:
keyboard - i'm not sure whether i like it or not

favorite apps:
web browser!
canola 2-although it keeps refusing to play my media. but hey, it's beta

oh and this was written from my n810

bottom line: i love this thing

Last edited by josiahg777; 2008-04-04 at 00:53.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Nashville, TN
Purchased From: http://www.nokiausa.com/ ("Lets Talk" is the name of the agents)
Purchase/Arrival Date: 20 March 08 / 28 March 08

Dislikes: car mount, email app... being bogged

Favorite Apps: Map and RSS reader

I did a write up on the first impressions at my blog

http://chris1051.blogspot.com/2008/0...riticisms.html

Country UK

Like everything Nokia n810 has good and bad thinks but for me it's the best internet tablet in world. Open source it could not be better!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Chris1051 View Post
Dislikes: car mount
Out of sheer curiosity: why?

Last edited by Texrat; 2008-04-07 at 03:27.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Out of sheer curiosity: why?
He hasn't got a car!

Rimshot!

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
He hasn't got a car!
LOL! That may be why

HI all....just got the 810 and love it to bits.
However I read that the browser was supposed to be really quick......my wife has an Itouch and that knocks spots off the n810 in terms of speed.....could I have a problem with the 810?
BIt new this so apologies in advance for my ignorance.
Rick

Hate to self-link, but I wrote a really big list of thoughts here:
http://dylanmccall.blogspot.com/2008...810-today.html

The hardware is great. One issue I have is that the keyboard seems to make a slight scratching noise when I slide it out, though that is going away. I also swear there is some point of contact behind the screen; every now and then when pulling out the keyboard, I see that swirly effect of something touching it near the center. Could be my imagination.

The screen itself is shockingly amazing. I have never seen a screen with this high a resolution; rounded edges look round, and we don't need any fancy anti-aliasing effects to do it.

I, for one, do not wish for a flush screen when using this. The slight border around the screen is, for me, 100% justified. Just enough space to put my fingers without touching the screen itself. Any less and it would be a pain to hold.

Wow, touch pressure actually works! Maemopad+ really shows that off nicely. (Although it could do with smoothing or some such; I find my writing looks appalling with it). Do we have proper pressure sensitive hardware here?

The stand is nice, but an issue I have with it is that the device can slide around when it is extended. Some rubber feet would have been a nice touch...

On the software end of things, there is room for improvement. The N810 would do beautifully being used in portrait mode, which is unfortunately not yet supported in official software, and the system still feels a tad sluggish overall. However, something really cool is happening here: The N810 is one of few handheld gadgets to happily split the software from the hardware. This is mine to mess with, and it is very possible to do so.