Does any one know if pairing The BlackBerry 7100i (NEXTEL) work with the n800??
In the instruction manual it said that could pair it up with a device and looked like it would be compatible. Could someone confirm that this works?
i
http://www.phoneyworld.com/handsets/...ry_7100i_1.jpg

Last edited by k.o.s.; 2007-04-10 at 23:09.

I have a Pearl and it will not tether with the N800. I was told by Blackberry that they haven't provided the coding. Probably some BB - Nokia political feuding thing. It is a real bummer and real stupid on BB's part.

Lol...makes no sense tho. If I can use the blackberry 7100i as a modem for my laptop.....then why not the n800.....go figure that one out. Its a good thing im taking that darn blackberry back anyways!(didn't like the sure type keyboard)

Last edited by k.o.s.; 2007-04-11 at 01:24.

The BB Pearl WILL pair with the N800. Remember to let the BB be discovered:
Options>bluetooth>menu>options>discoverable=Yes.

Good luck,
TheOldCop

Originally Posted by TheOldCop View Post
The BB Pearl WILL pair with the N800. Remember to let the BB be discovered:
Options>bluetooth>menu>options>discoverable=Yes.

Good luck,
TheOldCop
The Pearl will pair fine for fine transfers and contacts transfers, but not for modem use. If you look at the device from the N800 after pairing (go to device details under Phone... Edit... Device details), you'll notice there are no listed Supported Profiles.

On the Pearl itself, if you go to Blackberry Setup... Setup Bluetooth... and choose the device (N800), then Device Properties, the only service you will see is OBEX Object Push.

R.
==

has any one ever tried pairing the blackberry 7100 with the n800 tho ????

I haven't heard about a case where you can't pair. The real issue is probably if DUN works, or if it uses that other profile (PAN?). And if it has a phone BT profile (easy setup through wizard) or if it has a PDA BT profile (like e.g. HTC TYTN). The latter works too, but there's more manual setup on the N800. So it probably boils down to the issue of DUN or PAN(sp?) or none.