Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Orlando, FL
I am new to all of this. I just got an 800 last week.
Common sense says let those of you who know what you are doing deal with the beta testing. YET that part of me that craves instant gratification is tempted. PLEASE HELP

I would say not to upgrade, just yet. Because, right now, OS2008 is still beta software and is therefore not completely completed . Also, some of your apps probably aren't working on OS2008. I think...

Then again, I'm not yet a user .

Last edited by bvsciguy; 2007-11-27 at 02:59.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Upgrade. It's so much better.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
i wanna upgrade too but still waiting for feedbacks. did the new OS overclock the CPU to 400Mhz, is the default browser way better with youtube. people please i want feedback, what's the verdict?

I did it today and told myself not until more apps are out. But I got curious and decided if I couldn't get it working I would go back. So far the only problem was pairing with my cell phone / bluetooth but after a few tries, I got it to work.

I think its great. Everything is more stable and no crashes with the browser. I think the other posters problems have to do with restoring from backup.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by ferjant View Post
i wanna upgrade too but still waiting for feedbacks. did the new OS overclock the CPU to 400Mhz, is the default browser way better with youtube. people please i want feedback, what's the verdict?
SEARCH there are at least 2 dozen threads with feedback on OS2008. The feedback's there, and we've already arrived at a verdict. Use your eyes (and your fingers).

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
I've also started a video series over on Tablet-Guru.com showcasing OS2008 running on the N800.

http://www.tablet-guru.com/2007/11/o...rt-3-overview/
http://www.tablet-guru.com/2007/11/o...art-2-youtube/
http://www.tablet-guru.com/2007/11/o...0-part-1-maps/

The Following User Says Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
I'm holding back with the upgrade a leeeetle bit longer. For example, I would like to know if someone has come up with a solution for how to program MicroB to use the D-pad up/down as page up/page down.. until that's fixed I'm extremely reluctant about losing Opera.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I'm holding back with the upgrade a leeeetle bit longer. For example, I would like to know if someone has come up with a solution for how to program MicroB to use the D-pad up/down as page up/page down.. until that's fixed I'm extremely reluctant about losing Opera.
Maybe you should try to see the about:config parameters of MicroB

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
Maybe you should try to see the about:config parameters of MicroB
is there an actual solution to this though? I'm missing configuring the D-pad on my 770 with OS2007HE/microB as well and have yet to find a solution.

And scrolling through the about:config isn't really an option since its quite slow and laggy