Notices

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Can anyone confirm:

1) Start writing an SMS using the keyboard
2) Start SMM10
3) Press ctrl-backspace and return to the SMS
4) Keyboard input no longer works

This isn't unique to SMS writing, it seems SMM10 screws up keyboard handling.

It's one step forward, two steps back with Sygic at the moment. With this bug and the no-voice-navigation-with-screen-locked bug, we're still not back up to SMM9 functionality yet.

Yes, your keypresses actually go into smm10. When you switch to x-terminal you can actually see the cursor is first a filled rectangle, and when smm10 takes input focus the cursor in x-terminal is no longer filled.

The no-navigation with locked screen is probably an Ovi requirement.

Originally Posted by spanner View Post
Can anyone confirm:

1) Start writing an SMS using the keyboard
2) Start SMM10
3) Press ctrl-backspace and return to the SMS
4) Keyboard input no longer works

This isn't unique to SMS writing, it seems SMM10 screws up keyboard handling.

It's one step forward, two steps back with Sygic at the moment. With this bug and the no-voice-navigation-with-screen-locked bug, we're still not back up to SMM9 functionality yet.
Can confirm this too. When I try to type an email in the same time, there is no problem with the keyboard at that moment.

Originally Posted by vonbraun66 View Post
When I try to type an email in the same time, there is no problem with the keyboard at that moment.
Switch back & forward between SMM10 and your email, and do a couple of taps in the SMM10 window. You'll lose keyboard input to your email soon enough (I just did, anyway).

Originally Posted by spanner View Post
Switch back & forward between SMM10 and your email, and do a couple of taps in the SMM10 window. You'll lose keyboard input to your email soon enough (I just did, anyway).
You're right ! Seems like Sygic 10 hijacks the keyboard.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Still has the problem of 'TURN LEFT' even if the turn is 1/2 a mile away. It doesn't say turn left in 900yards or whatever which sounds like it is missing some voice files for the UK Woman's voice. Works fine with the Ozzy woman though.

ALso, there is still the annoying - 'Go straight over the roundabout - take the third exit'. In fact that turn or exit could be first, second, third, fourth or whatever. It always says go straight over the roundabout.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Still has the problem of 'TURN LEFT' even if the turn is 1/2 a mile away. It doesn't say turn left in 900yards or whatever which sounds like it is missing some voice files for the UK Woman's voice. Works fine with the Ozzy woman though.
Didn't realise you were using the female UK voice... I just tried it, and you're totally right. It's unusable. Exactly as you describe. The strange thing is, it can't be missing the relevant file, because when you choose the 'UK Emma' voice, she actually says 'in 200 yards, turn right'. Maybe the relevant clip is too long or something.
Male voice ('Simon') is fine.

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
ALso, there is still the annoying - 'Go straight over the roundabout - take the third exit'. In fact that turn or exit could be first, second, third, fourth or whatever. It always says go straight over the roundabout.
I'm used to that by now... you just got to take a glance at the map or get good at counting exits.

Heh. I used emma voice, but she was using metres just fine.. maybe she's a fan of metric system

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
The no-navigation with locked screen is probably an Ovi requirement.
if that's true, it's an utterly brain-dead requirement. imagine if you couldn't play MP3s with the screen locked. To be able to use SMM (in a single earphone) while cycling is really useful.

The SMM9 update (a few months after the initial SMM9 release) enabled navigation with the screen locked. So I'm hoping that this is just a regression.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am having issues with this newest updateas well and i wonder if any of u guys might have fixes.

1 crashing mid-trip
2 cannot minimize screen (i have to hit the power button to switch to phone - seriously fkn annoying) app appears in full screen
3 voices stull stutter worse than ever
4 app seems to be really power hungry