The Graalphone is a sliding keyboard 7" FHD Windows tablet. The Graalphone It has both an Intel Atom and ARM Processor. The graalphone has an Android phone which attaches to it. There are dual cameras for 3d recording functionality. The device is a concept and the target price is 700 - 800 dollars, maybe it could cheaper without the phone part.
Personally I would like one without the Android phone as the design is super cool. Hoperfully they can make a device like this with a Snapdragon 835 as that can run Windows now. There have been other devices with this form factor and I am glad to see it return, in fact other manufacturers should make something similar.
http://www.pcmag.com/news/350764/the...ve-seen-at-ces

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
https://youtu.be/vVcCDmowRK0
Woah cool the screen can be folded down on both the front and back. It can be both a slider and clamshell!
Edit: There is an optical Zoom and Xenon flash as well.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I'm just daydreaming but I want neither Android nor Windoze. Hope SFOS can run into it so we have a j-Phone and j-Tablet into one. It's such a great concept.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Get rid of the phone, please.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I see no real benefit in this concept.
To big for a phone to small for a laptop.
And what the heck shall i do with a phone which is hidden in a mini Laptop.

Don't get me wrong. I still love my n900. But that's a totally different device.

The form factor of a n950 with that flipable sliding screen of the graalphone, up to date hardware specs, running in dualboot Sailfish and a proper Linux, that would be my dream device.

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2017-01-05 at 14:46.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I disagree. The form factor is just perfect for a portable device. Laptops are too big and heavy, phones nowadays lack a proper keyboard (and are just a tad too small, unless you go down the Dave999 route and like holding a brick to your ear).

Unlike the posters above, I love the detachable phone idea. In fact I wonder why this idea has not been commonplace by now. Modern mobile phones are hugely overpowered, comparable to laptops or even some desktops. Most of that power is simply wasted. Using it to run a decent OS on a decent screen with a decent keyboard sounds like a no-brainer to me. The advantage is that you can keep the phone in the pocket and the rest in the bag and slide them together where and when convenient for you. Start typing your report on the phone while standing in the queue, then board the bus/train/plane, sit down, pull the rest of the unit from the bag, slide the phone in and continue typing. Arrive at the office, plug the phone into the big monitor, voila, your work is already there, in beautiful Technicolor. At the end of your shift, take the phone with you and you do not have to worry about a) not having the necessary files with you if you get snowed in and are forced to work from home and b) someone else making off with your files while you are away from your desk.

That of course assumes that the phone is the sole brain and storage of the entire unit, with the rest being basically a docking station. That does not seem to be the case here, unless I misunderstood. I agree that the phone should run a different OS though, something more suitable for a laptop form factor.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
While it seems an interesting device, since it is not "wearable" i cant avoid to compare it to the old Sony VGN-P11Z and his awesome size and specs:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-...k.16038.0.html

...And the P11Z's keyboard is the best one you could ever find in a device of that size!
Today you can buy an used one for about 150 euro and add an MSATA 256 GB disk adding 100 euro more. Voilą!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post

That of course assumes that the phone is the sole brain and storage of the entire unit, with the rest being basically a docking station. That does not seem to be the case here, unless I misunderstood. I agree that the phone should run a different OS though, something more suitable for a laptop form factor.
and that's why. They share storage (don't know where exactly is storage) and phone can be charged inside. But......
I don't want to take out the whole thing and then take out the phone. This needs built in LTE and SSD with some linux by default.
It would make more sense that the phone runs also windows. Or that the phone with windows is the brain since MS is by far the closest one to that "convergence" or something.
We had atrix. We had something from asus or acer. We had this before but it never took of simply because there's to many compromise on each end of the story.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
The best Handheld gnu/linux machine for 2017?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Forgot to mention it has stylus input. This device is truly ultimate.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post: