Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
So I guess we need this kind of list also

Bug 1. Email problems
Q: I have set the email client to check for new mail every 30 minutes. However, now it shows that it's been 39 minutes since last check, and there are 0 unread messages there. (in reality there is one message waiting in my inbox)
update: now, 50 minutes later it suddenly did update and fetched the 2 new mails in my inbox.

A: scheduled sync might have failed due to connectivity, background processes do not request connectivity from the user (popup dialog), plus there are some known problems in that domain, we are working in fixing those asap.

Q: Does anyone have same problem:
There comes notification about new mail. When you open that mail from event page, email app opens and shows your new email but it shows that email is empty (stays white and there is no that loading circle indicator). If you go back to inbox and there select that new mail, it shows it right. I dont remember if this had happen every time.

A:

Q: Mail apps bug (Saunalahti account)
Precondinations:
Operator: Elisa (Finland) with mobile data connection
Email account of Saunalahti (IMAP)
Incoming server address: pop.saunalahti.fi
Secure connection: Not in use
Port: 143
Outgoing server address: posti.saunalahti.fi
Secure connection: Not in use
Port: 25
Steps:
1) Choose New email
2) Write a valid receiver
3) Send the message
Problem:
The email cannot be sent. Error message "Problem with sync"

A:

Bug 2. Camera use in Android apps
Q: Camera doesn't work inside Android application yet so no video calls.

A: MSameer said it would be fixed in an upcoming update.

Q: Android picture editing and posting apps like Instagram or XnRetro can access your camera's gallery though.

A:

Bug 3. Audio use in Android apps
Q: Audio from youtube and dailymotion videos using their respective Android apps is slightly out of sync. Could other people please confirm this on their devices?

A: If you are talking about the native browser then yes. Youtube audio and video are out of sync. It's a known issue.
The good part is it has been fixed internally and I hope it will be released in an update soon

Bug 4. GPS use in Android apps
Q: Some Android apps can access location (albeit with like country-size precision) - and some can not at all, e.g. Weather Underground.

A:

Bug 5. Cannot use device as hotspot
Q: Can't set the phone up as an internet hotspot yet.

A: There are ways of doing this from the command line only at present.

Bug 6. Problems with WLAN authentication
Q. TKIP WiFi networks (that work fine with e.g. N9 and N900) seem not to be supported.

A:

Bug 7. Problems with Exchange
Q: Exchange server policy requests (e.g. to enforce a device lock) are seemingly rejected (or probably just silently ignored), ignoring policy is set in settings (and that setting is not changeable).

A:

Q: Email sync with true Exchange server is glitchy, calendar sync is almost fully broken and contacts sync doesn't work (again - N900 and N9 work fine with same server).

A: Provisioning server policy is not supported in this first version, are the problems with contacts and calendar with a server enforcing provisioning ? can you explain better what happens?

Q: That's Nokia (managed by MS) Exchange server, config on it stays the same for the last 5 years or so.
When I add Exchange account, I keep the default of syncing emails, contacts and calendar. Emails are synced, at least from time to time, though there are frequent complaints about inability to sync. Not a single contact from Exchange is added to People. And in Calendar some random events do appear, and those that do - are added from 3 to 5 times. Is this clear enough?

A:

Q: Impossible to delete emails for Exchange mailbox - delete command starts but e-mail stays.

A1: Any conditions to reproduce that ? I can delete emails from my inbox, mails then are still available in the "delete items" folder, if you delete from there they will be gone.
Note that the client supports offline actions, so if you are not online email will disappear from the UI but not in server side until a sync is done and client changes are exported.

A2: This might be Exchange server version or just email message specific problem.
For a reference on Zimbra 8.0.5 backend deletion of emails does work (at least so far). Zimbra server reports activesync protocol version 12.1 for Sailfish OS client, which is quite old. It could be that your server is using newer or older version of protocol depending on the version of Exchange.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchan...ctiveSync_12.1

A3: If server supports version 12, we use that one since the implementation is complete for the main features, support for version 14 is preliminary, but basic cases should work fine.

Bug 8. Problems with Jolla Store
Q: The store is a bit flakey, especially the OH cover loading fails often with "store connection problems"

A: What exactly do you mean by not working? Does the application show any content, or don't you see content either?

Q: It worked when I first tried it since all applications where then loaded and are now working. But no matter what i try to install/reinstall store is not working. Tried to remove and reinstall my Jolla account as well, no help. There seems not away to reinstall the store itself?
It opens and shows content. But everytime I try to install something from it an error occurs.

A: I see. Reinstalling the store wouldn't help. Installations are done on a lower level.
Did you do something special before, e.g. enabling developer mode or developer updates in developer mode?

Q: Yes, I did enable developer mode. Did nothing there, just checked it and disabled it. Now tried to re-enable it, that wont work either. Actually I did do something there, I changed the SSH password

A: If you happen to have a Terminal now from enabling developer mode, you could run "pkmon" in it while trying to install something. This may give more detailed information about what is going wrong with the installation.
Factory reset should always do the trick. My guess is that your problem could be related to developer mode. It can mess up the package backend when enabling developer updates there.
As long as you can enter the store and browse apps, your Jolla account is fine, btw.
Better not touch the option for "developer updates" on the developer mode page. Enabling developer mode itself should be fine, but I've heard the "developer updates" option is currently messed up.
Technically, it enables a repository that needs authorization you don't have at the moment and the package manager will fail over that.

Bug 9. Use of HW volume buttons when running android apps
Q: I am not sure whether it's a bug or feature - but volume button presses should be passed to Android applications if in foreground - not increase/decrease volume immediately.
I'm quite used to using volume buttons e.g. for page up / down.

A:

Bug 10. Gallery problems
Q: There is no way to scroll to the bottom of pictures. Then if you vie a picture and return to the all view it takes you back to the top.

A:

Bug 11. Feed problems
Q: Facebook feeds do not show, Twitter works though.

A:

Bug 12. Home Screen problems
Q: The home screen should have battery status on it as well as phone connectivity type and strength bars (these could go to the right of the clock.)

A:

Q: Alerts on the home screen are not clickable/tapable. You have to swipe up for notifications of go to the appropriate app. When there are quite a few on the home screen it would be quicker if you could tap to select them too.

A:

Bug 13. Account problems
Q: Google account won't authorise.

A:

Bug 14. Alien Dalvik problems
Q: After some testing it seems that at first time you can use Yandex.Store over mobile data connection but after some time it stops working over mobile data connection. To recover you have to use it over WLAN and after that it also works over mobile data connection. Until it breaks again?
It is not only Yandex.store. Official Youtube app and GooglePlay store have this problem too. Some component used in downloading, and not just browsing the contents, does not seem to be able to connect to 3gdata's interface until you connect to any WLAN briefly. After that you can switch the WLAN off and it has always worked for me until next reboot.

A: It seems it is AlienDalvik-related. Any Android app that checks if it's online before accessing the net shows this behavior (e.g. Google Translate or DB Navigator).
Once AlienDalvik realizes it has no mobile network available, it will fail to detect being online until you connect to a WiFi network.

Q: Android applications with non-Latin characters in names are shown as ?????? on desktop after installation.

A: This has been fixed internally and should hopefully be part of one of the next updates.

Q: Was already mentioned in Jolla experiences thread - but is not mentioned here yet.
Sailfish task manager shows only one window for Android vm - that shows last Android task opened. Task managers in Android show all [Android] tasks fine.

A:

Q: Android keyboard suggestions saved all my password in plaintext and suggests them after typing out first letter of them, could somebody check this out? Already messaged Jolla care by email about this.

A:

Q: Accelerometer is very delayed in android apps, impossible to use any applications which need it.

A:

Q: Twitch.tv streams doesn't work with any program. Firefox and Twitch native app shows nothing, Dolphin browser and some third-party apps shows some image, which seems like it's missing codecs and sounds play fine.

A:

Bug 15. Facebook problems
Q: People from Facebook with First, Middle and Last names are synced with Middle name becoming Last one and Last one ignored.

A:

Bug 16. Spotify problems
Q: Spotify produces no sound when playing.

A: From where did you got the app from ? using that for months and works fine

Bug 17. Charging problems
Q: Bug with charger percentages
Phone turned on percentages are at 67%
phone turned off and charger plugged in. it shows 70%
When charger plugged out and phone turned on again. Percentages seem to be in sync.Does not happen at every phone turn off.

A:

Bug 18. Gmail problems
Q: I have Google account set up and with it gmail.
When I get emails to the gmail account, I usually go to notifications and click the arrived email icon.
This "sends" me to email application and tries to open the email. This action always fails. I just get white blank screen.
If I swipe left to go back to email inbox and click the arrived email again, it loads correctly and shows the email.

A: Thanks for reporting, known bug already when notification contain only one new message.

Bug 19. WLAN problems
Q: Wifi does not connect to new networks; password dialog is not shown. Reboot fixes it.

A:

Bug 20. Browser problems
Q: Browser does not support landscape mode.

A: Known isuue, will be fixed in upcoming release.

Q: Can't change user agent from about:config, might be possible to watch Twitch through that but atm it doesn't detect our browser as mobile one. Also tried changing it from command prompt, but it didn't work.

A:

Q: Youtube etc doesn't show any buttons, just plays video.

A:

Bug 21. Contacts problems
Q: I dont know how i managed but some contacts in my people app have same numbers 4 times. (tranfered directly from N9) If i try to delete them separately they allways come back.

A:

Bug 22. Clock problems
Q: Clock application timers has a minor bug. To reproduce:
1. Create 1 minute timer
2. Push newly created timer to start it(I think this should happen automatically when you add timer)
3. Wait one minute and close timer alarm
4. Step four is missing
5. Reboot phone
6. Open clock and start timer again
7. Timer time shows randomly minus N seconds, press again and timer might reset, or another random -Ns appears, press more, timer finally resets to 1min and things are back in order.

A:

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-12-17 at 09:23.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

1. I have set the email client to check for new mail every 30 minutes. However, now it shows that it's been 39 minutes since last check, and there are 0 unread messages there. (in reality there is one message waiting in my inbox)
Hi,

scheduled sync might have failed due to connectivity, background processes do not request connectivity from the user(popup dialog), plus there are some known problems in that domain, we are working in fixing those asap. Thanks for the feedback!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Camera doesn't work inside Android application yet so no video calls. MSameer said it would be fixed in an upcoming update.

Android picture editing and posting apps like Instagram or XnRetro can access your camera's gallery though.

Audio from youtube and dailymotion videos using their respective Android apps is slightly out of sync. Could other people please confirm this on their devices.

Can't set the phone up as an internet hotspot yet. There are ways of doing this from the command line only at present.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Has anyone managed to use SSL authenticated smtp server? For me the mail client errors on auth and I cannot send any emails. using smtp.auth.saunalahti.fi, SSL, port 465 and password authentication. The same settings worked on N9.

isto

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Italy

1. I have set the email client to check for new mail every 30 minutes.
But there isn't the "push" mail option like for example Android Google's gmail?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by isto View Post
Has anyone managed to use SSL authenticated smtp server? For me the mail client errors on auth and I cannot send any emails. using smtp.auth.saunalahti.fi, SSL, port 465 and password authentication. The same settings worked on N9.
Yep, I copied my mail config from my N9 and it works fine.
(except for the thing that it does not refresh inox on schedule...)

I m using imap/SSL (port 993) on the receive side and smtp/SSL (port 465) on the sending side.

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-11-29 at 12:33. Reason: corrected misquote

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Deedend View Post
But there isn't the "push" mail option like for example Android Google's gmail?
I have no idea, never used anything like that.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
TKIP WiFi networks (that work fine with e.g. N9 and N900) seem not to be supported.
Exchange server policy requests (e.g. to enforce a device lock) are seemingly rejected (or probably just silently ignored), ignoring policy is set in settings (and that setting is not changeable).
Email sync with true Exchange server is glitchy, calendar sync is almost fully broken and contacts sync doesn't work (again - N900 and N9 work fine with same server).

The Following User Says Thank You to haliava For This Useful Post:
I have no idea, never used anything like that.
Push for IMAP is not supported yet, only interval sync is(Settings->Apps->mail)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by haliava View Post
TKIP WiFi networks (that work fine with e.g. N9 and N900) seem not to be supported.
Exchange server policy requests (e.g. to enforce a device lock) are seemingly rejected (or probably just silently ignored), ignoring policy is set in settings (and that setting is not changeable).
Email sync with true Exchange server is glitchy, calendar sync is almost fully broken and contacts sync doesn't work (again - N900 and N9 work fine with same server).
Provisioning server policy is not supported in this first version, are the problems with contacts and calendar with a server enforcing provisioning ? can you explain better what happens ?
Thanks.