Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Well,

No answer ... Then I decided to give it a try to the symbian version on my old Nokia E7.

I can use it properly.

Now if I want to migrate on Whatsup, what I need to do (except switching my SIM card inside the N9) ?

A++

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
This is the 1st time I use Whatsup, I have received the code by SMS (xxx-xxx) I have entered it manually to register, and an error occured (registation code is invalid).

Any clue, do I need to enter the code with the dash or without ?
The code needs to be entered exactly like the message shows it. Why the client missplaces the dash is (to me) an unknown, but if you look at what you type in, you should be able to figure it out...

B!

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
This I find quite odd, how could FB trace Whatsup users easier if the source was available?
Can you please explain it?
Hi.
Although this is not related to the client it very well explains why the API is closed:
http://www.mobileworldlive.com/featu...tion-says-ceo/
If they want to control access for businesses (B2C) it's easier to do it keeping the interface closed.......
Interesting how they explain as well that they are 'leveraging' on FB's infrastructure....

Regards.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
news about the problem with messages in groups?

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gabrielharrison View Post
The WhatsUp on Jolla thread is having the same conversation and someone posted this link http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1284
I can confirm this workaround for group messages. Creating a new broadcast list with the contacts of your groups as recipients and sending a message with a short explanation may be less work than writing a separate message to each contact.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Czech Republic
Hello,
I have to use Android phone temporarily. Can I use official Whatsapp client if I want to use whatsup for N9 or Sailfish OS in future again?
Is there some risk in transition from Whatsup (N9) -> official Whatsapp -> Whatsup for N9 or Sailfish OS?

Thanks for any reply

The Following User Says Thank You to Ravensun For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Netherlands
I have used the official Whatsapp client on Windows using the BlueStacks emulator. After that, re-registering on Whatsup (N9) allowed me to use the N9 again, so I don't think it will cause you any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Egocentrix1 For This Useful Post:
I may have the problem which is not mentioned before.. I'm receiving only picture messages from Windows Lumia users, no normal messages on one-to-one or on group chats from them.

log says something like:
error type:"plaintext-only"

Anything what I could do for this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bern For This Useful Post:
It seems after the last changes in whatsapp code there are problems in groups, I can't receive other's messages

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland
According to this post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1284
I asked to every member of a group to send me at least 3 private messages, then to send a test message in the group.
It seems to work.

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup