Hi all,

From what package 'bnf' belong ???

Code:
-bash-2.05b$ root
-bash-2.05b# bnf
-bash: bnf: command not found
-bash-2.05b#
Thanks.
It's a "package" it self but AFAIK it'll run only in a N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
It's a "package" it self but AFAIK it'll run only in a N900.
Thanks, just installed it right now ...

A++

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
I recently installe BME replacement and just noticed that if you leave the phone on the charger for a long time (e.g. overnight) it will cycle between charging and discharging too often for my tastes. I think this will wear the battery unnecessarily fast.
See the attachments.
If i remember correctly the original bme would only cycle 3-4 hours on idle and the replacement BME cycles about every 1.5 hours.
I can also provide batteryeye logs if requested.
Please increase the hysteresis between stop charging and start charging states

Regards
Aydan

PS: I patched batteryeye to log charge and capacity while charging.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aydan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Could you also have a look at this thread?
It might be solvable with a change in the replacement BME.

Regards
Aydan

The Following User Says Thank You to Aydan For This Useful Post:
In my opinion, all the thresholds (which voltage/capacity should we charge to, when to start charging again, etc) should be configurable for power-users, via sysfsnodes. This way, more creative use cases (like, charging only to 80% of capacity during "regular" daily usage, for tremendous saves on battery life wear) would be possible.

I've suggested it long time ago, but it seems that Pali haven't had time - or will - to implement those. Considering, that bug with graphical indication of battery level in status menu still isn't fixed (it uses "design capacity", not real one, as a max, so 1200 mAh on 3000 mAh battery will be shown as full battery icon, 600 mAh as half-full, etc), I think that the former (time) is more likely case. Anyone knowledgeable with source code is highly encouraged to send patches...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
In my opinion, all the thresholds (which voltage/capacity should we charge to, when to start charging again, etc) should be configurable for power-users, via sysfsnodes. This way, more creative use cases (like, charging only to 80% of capacity during "regular" daily usage, for tremendous saves on battery life wear) would be possible.

I've suggested it long time ago, but it seems that Pali haven't had time - or will - to implement those. Considering, that bug with graphical indication of battery level in status menu still isn't fixed (it uses "design capacity", not real one, as a max, so 1200 mAh on 3000 mAh battery will be shown as full battery icon, 600 mAh as half-full, etc), I think that the former (time) is more likely case. Anyone knowledgeable with source code is highly encouraged to send patches...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
All what can be set to bq24150a chip is already exported via sysfs. Also bq2415x_charger driver can be switched to "manual" operation when userspace is responsible for charging, setting values, etc, ... So it is already implemented, you just need to write own script/SW/whatever which will set what you want on your own.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Just one thumb up to highlight the great work done with bme replacement.

I have installed it since a few days and so far it works better than stock bme!

Thanks!

The bme replacement seems to be a very nice and useful but i have one problem. After i install it the host mode/usb functionality stops working. Host mode says something about connected charger and does not work. Any ideas how to solve this issue? Luckily i have some extra N900s i can use for testing .

Tags
bme-replacement