Active Topics

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
I hope nokia is waiting to suprise us ,but I have only seen disappointment after 2007.
Laughingman that's why I said in my original post that if we could resize the desktop icons and widgets to be less wide and taller it would work

Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
But there's absolutely no guarantee it'll be a replacement for Maemo. If I'm not mistaken, Nokia seems to be very adamant about releasing ANY proprietary bits that would make the phone, etc functional..
This is as if android phones even the old milestone phone was not promised the 2.2 update,but I suppose android needs the long term customer satisfaction to gain loyalty..........

talking about android 2.2,since we have it running on the n900 which does have adobe 10.1 on it,which is compiled to run with arm8 cortex cpu ,if we can just have the source code compiled to run as a debian package.......................

Last edited by bayernhan; 2010-07-10 at 05:37.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Great ideas!

meego needs to be extremely smooth in ui's condition and vertical synced or it just looks like a bad version of maemo

btw is meego vysned on n900?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Unlikely to happen.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Yeah I have to agree that this was a very subjective wishlist for the N900, more than a legit Brainstorm on what a Community SSU should be about.

I realise this is in the Brainstorm section, but I'd appreciate if these wishes had somekind of grounding in reality.

I think maybe the only viable suggestion here was Flash 10.1, as some sites are already "closing down" because the N900 runs on an old version of flash.

Check through MohammadAG's threads and his posts. If some guy has a notion of where a community software update should go, this is your guy.

MohammadAG.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
i installed via http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU
using the phones browser....i got the enabler and followed the prompts
phone rebooted...however im still seeing nokia's version 20.x.xx.x and not
the community version 3.x.xx.x when i go to settings>about....is this normal to see or should i see v3.x.xx.x? (ps potriat in apps and desktop are working...)

try Settings->About Maemo 5 Community SSU

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
i installed via http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU
using the phones browser....i got the enabler and followed the prompts
phone rebooted...however im still seeing nokia's version 20.x.xx.x and not
the community version 3.x.xx.x when i go to settings>about....is this normal to see or should i see v3.x.xx.x? (ps potriat in apps and desktop are working...)
i have the same problem. Although for me the portrait mode does not seem to work.