Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
Hi to all, today I found an update of sygic mobile maps 9 on the sygic website. I followed instructions step by step: I added their repository in my application manager, I downloaded this update....damn. since this operation if I try to open it tapping on the icon, sygic closes immediately.
Program starts and close in same time. Just I can see small window asking me if I want network gps.
Anyone else having my same problem?
Someone can help me to solve this problem?
I don't know where to begin..

I almost afraid to ask, but did you rebooted after the update?
Most of the time, this does the trick.

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
Hi to all, today I found an update of sygic mobile maps 9 on the sygic website. I followed instructions step by step: I added their repository in my application manager, I downloaded this update....damn. since this operation if I try to open it tapping on the icon, sygic closes immediately.
Program starts and close in same time. Just I can see small window asking me if I want network gps.
Anyone else having my same problem?
Someone can help me to solve this problem?
I don't know where to begin..

This happened to me as well what i found is that for some reason when doing an update it does not register the old desktop icon i just deleted the old one and created a new one and it worked for me this also applies to other updates that you have especially to desktop icons.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by spain2468 View Post
This happened to me as well what i found is that for some reason when doing an update it does not register the old desktop icon i just deleted the old one and created a new one and it worked for me this also applies to other updates that you have especially to desktop icons.

Hope this helps.
Please spain2468 can you write here how do it?
So you can help other people like me!
Thank you very much
Muchas gracias

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
Please spain2468 can you write here how do it?
So you can help other people like me!
Thank you very much
Muchas gracias
Ok,

First thing is to click the very top right of your desktop, you will see a icon drop down this icon allows you to add and delete icons on your desktop they will have an (x) on top of them find the Sygic icon and tap it, it will get rid of that icon then click on (DONE).

Step 2

Click the very top left of the desk top this will take you to another screen,click on (more) which will take you again to another screen, here you will find the sygic icon if you click on this it should open sygic maps for you you now need to create a desktop icon for the front screen of your N900.

Step 3

To create the icon you click the very top right corner of your screen, a icon will drop down click on it,you will see on the very top ( DESKTOP MENU ) click on it and click on add shortcut you will see the sygic icon click on it and it will add the icon to your desktop, once its done click on (Done) you can now open sygic.

There is another way if you cannot get this to work.

Let me know how you go.

Last edited by spain2468; 2010-04-22 at 14:24.

Thank you for your explanation spain2468 but it doesn't works for me.
I haven't sygic icon on desktop, I load the program tapping the icon in inside menu. More, I've installed catorize (a simply program that put applications into categories) so I've only one sygic icon in "Location & navig" category (and here I can't delete icon because if I tap on top right of the screen no wheel setting icons appears).
So, if you know a plan B () please let me know.
My curiosity: what is the sygic command line?
I try to launch sygic by terminal to see what happen but I don't know this command.
I saw all files in /usr/bin (by: ll /usr/bin) but I didn't find it!

Spain2468: There is another way if you cannot get this to work.
Please Spain2468 can you tell me this other way?
thank you

ok I found my error.
I post here my experience, it should be help someone in a similar situation.
After installed Sygic mobile maps 9 I deleted all country maps and all voices different from mine. For this reason I was unable to upgrade and reinstall application. I just copied these files in correct folders and application now works (upgraded too!).
After upgraded I deleted again all maps and voices not mine so I've now sygic light and working!

update info: don't delete /res/skin/*.lang files otherwise sygic doesn't start anymore.
If you want sygic more light but working delete maps and voices you don't need but don't delete files .lang!

Hey , i just downloaded Mobile maps 9...but do i have to pay to use it? because it opens and all..but i just dont have any maps in it..and i dont know how to get some!