Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
This can be arranged, I can access a good few TV's ... but where's best to post the info as this threads going to get mad with people putting up TV models etc..

Ah the joys of a house bun! Finding your micro SD data cable has been nibbled, just when you want to add new tracks to your N900.
You can always create a wiki page.

As a wild thought, we could use the main camera in a dark room for learning. The camera captures IR, so we just need a program to analyze the picture and capture the bright spot when it lights.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by anyonebutthis View Post
Can the proximity or pos sensors on the n900 be used as a rx for Lirc server?
I don't think so... You need both the ability to catch rather short pulses (in the range of hundreds of microseconds) along with a fairly accurate system for clocking those pulses; everything in IR today is about the timing. None of the various sensors on the N900 is really set up for that sort of thing.

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
For sure, you're right, but I guess everybody knows the rules and wouldn't risk a bricked TV.
And in most cases you use the EZ_adjust only once or twice for unlock usb support on xxLH3000 or xxLH20 LCDs and/or to unlock disabled THX Cinema video profile on LF/LG/LH series.
Hmm. I do have the EZ_adjust code (among others) for at least a few types of LG TV. Actually, if you only need to use it once or twice, it might be more useful for me to just create an alternate UI for that purpose (whether command-line or otherwise), something you'd only run when you wanted to access these potentially dangerous commands. I'd still prefer to keep the main UI relatively free of any codes that could harm devices...

And in any case, it sounds like having a scriptable interface to Pierogi would be handy, regardless.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
This can be arranged, I can access a good few TV's ... but where's best to post the info as this threads going to get mad with people putting up TV models etc..
I'll certainly take any you can give me! (Through PMs or such.) There's also the Pierogi mini-forum provided for free when I registered the project in the Garage:

https://garage.maemo.org/forum/?group_id=2286

And, as qwazix mentioned, a Wiki would work as well; Maemo.org has a vast amount of Wiki pages already, I'm sure they wouldn't mind adding one or two more.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Good idea... I'll be fine with this ;-)

Cheers,

J4ZZ

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
As a wild thought, we could use the main camera in a dark room for learning. The camera captures IR, so we just need a program to analyze the picture and capture the bright spot when it lights.
Ah, unfortunately, just seeing the light is not enough. IR protocols encode everything in the timing; the exact amount of time that the LED is on and the exact amount of time that it is off is how each bit of data is represented. I don't think the camera can catch video nearly quickly enough to store those timings.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
there are 10 keys on my remote. The unit is about 2.5 years old and the model number is AQV24NSAN.
Oh wow, that _is_ a fancy air conditioner. And yeah, the keyset I've currently got doesn't match the keys on the remote, but the config file from the hifi-remotes website looks like it might be a match. (It looks like each key on the remote can take on three or four different values. This protocol will be fun to decipher. ) I'll cobble together a keyset out of it and see what you think...

EDIT: This protocol will be _real_ fun to decipher. If you're interested, take a look at the real IR experts scratching their heads over it in this thread.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-02-14 at 01:45.

qwazix , i'd be interested in your thoughts on things.
PM me if you want to collaborate on something like this!

They have been able to get the n900 to scan a human brain for cryin out loud, i don't see how this can't be possible.

Last edited by anyonebutthis; 2012-02-14 at 02:52.

FYI, another Pierogi update should be working its way into extras-devel. This one has the mapping of the volume rocker switch to Pierogi's favorite keyset list; it seems to work ok, but I'm not sure how easy it is to use -- there's very little feedback about what you are doing, unless you are on the main tab. Maybe it could use a pop-up displaying the name of the newly chosen keyset? Anyway, I'm hoping to get some feedback about this.

Also in this update, new keysets for Digital Stream and Emerson, and an additional Admiral keyset. (From digging around in the hifi-remotes website, I discovered that at least one Admiral TV uses the Philips RC5 protocol, so I pieced one together by hand put it in the Admiral file. I also learned that at least one Philco TV uses the same protocol as an Emerson TV, so I figured I should throw some of those in and see if they worked...)

As always, this is fresh code in the extras-devel repository, be wary of new bugs! Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
FYI, another Pierogi update should be working its way into extras-devel. This one has the mapping of the volume rocker switch to Pierogi's favorite keyset list; it seems to work ok, but I'm not sure how easy it is to use -- there's very little feedback about what you are doing, unless you are on the main tab. Maybe it could use a pop-up displaying the name of the newly chosen keyset? Anyway, I'm hoping to get some feedback about this.

Also in this update, new keysets for Digital Stream and Emerson, and an additional Admiral keyset. (From digging around in the hifi-remotes website, I discovered that at least one Admiral TV uses the Philips RC5 protocol, so I pieced one together by hand put it in the Admiral file. I also learned that at least one Philco TV uses the same protocol as an Emerson TV, so I figured I should throw some of those in and see if they worked...)

As always, this is fresh code in the extras-devel repository, be wary of new bugs! Thanks.
Hi Copernicus,
I have not used the Pierogi yet. I just downloaded this morning. I have TV with brand Polytron. Do you mind to please accommodate my wish?

thanks in advance

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control