Notices

Hi guys
this is my first post so if i did anything wrong...

so this is the list :

Yo Frankie! (Action-adventure)

System requirements
Linux, Windows XP or later, Mac OS X
AMD Athlon or Pentium 4 1 GHz processor
256 MB RAM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aquaria (2d Action-adventure)
no need for system requirment , im sure that it will works on the n900

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nexuiz (FPS, stealth)

System requirements
1 GHz Pentium III or Athlon, 512 MB of RAM, GeForce 2 or equivalent, 1.1 GB disk space

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PlaneShift (MMORPG)

System requirements
Minimum[1]
2.4 GHz CPU
1 GB or more of RAM
64 MB 3D video card
1.0 GB free HD space
56 kbit/s or faster Internet connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[edit]
Frets on Fire (guitar hero clone )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SuperTuxKart (3D kart racing game)

edit again
Racer (car simulation)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secret Maryo Chronicles (Super mario bros clone)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 A.D. (historical real-time strategy game)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duk!Duk! (adventure RPG)

Last edited by mestour; 2010-11-12 at 19:38. Reason: new game added

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mestour For This Useful Post:
PlaneShift would be the only real mmorpg running on a mobile.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
What games would I like to be ported to N900? Well, tbh, almost ALL open-source games suck. I can't help it, but they usually have really poor graphics, really poor story -- if there even is a story at all! --, and playability is subpar. The only open-source game I'd like to play on my N900 is OpenTTD but that is not designed for touch-screen devices and it's just annoying, not fun, to play. So yeah, there is no open-source game I want ported. Several closed ones, yes, but those won't be arriving on a dying platform like Maemo anyways.

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Well i have yo frankie on my pc , and i think its a great game
and planet shift is a real mmorpg whit a story and a big maps

Originally Posted by mestour View Post
and planet shift is a real mmorpg whit a story and a big maps
It's Planeshift, not Planet Shift. And yes, I know, I've tried it. It was ugly as heck, buggy, and cumbersome. Sure, I'd absolutely LOVE an MMO -- or hell, even just a single-player RPG -- on my N900 as I am a huge RPG fan, but there's very few (MMO)RPG games that would play well on a small screen and with no multitouch. With multitouch a lot more things would become playable, but as it is, a game would have to be designed from the ground up to be playable without such and that's a big issue.

we must check the dependencies. usually, 2d games are sdl based, so they are "easly" portable.

3d games, they are opengl based, thats incompatible with the n900, and a whole other story to port

Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
we must check the dependencies. usually, 2d games are sdl based, so they are "easly" portable.

3d games, they are opengl based, thats incompatible with the n900, and a whole other story to port
True enough. Usually games aimed for desktops use features that are not even present in OpenGL ES, and then in addition OpenGL ES handles things somewhat different so the game might need a whole different approach to optimization.

There does exist atleast one OpenGL to OpenGL ES realtime translator ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/dogless/ ) but given the limited performance of devices like N900 I don't know if it would incur too big of a performance penalty.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Albania
I'd like to see TORCS ported...

TORC looks really good

How easy would cave story be to port?