Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I can't delete it because it doesn't appear in the accounts management :/ Only in the availability settings (where I can't even turn it on or off)
In the availablity windows. You can click the account, and then a windows will appear that will let you do changes/status/availablity/ and delete account.

That's the problem, when I click the account it gets highlighted for a second and then nothing ever happens. I can select the jabber account and it works fine (and works with facebook) but the real nokia facebook account does nothing. Something must be broken really, really bad -.-

Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That's the problem, when I click the account it gets highlighted for a second and then nothing ever happens. I can select the jabber account and it works fine (and works with facebook) but the real nokia facebook account does nothing. Something must be broken really, really bad -.-
hmm not sure whats causing that. I have tried removing the telepathy-gabble, readding (patched), disabling facebook account, and also re-adding. I cant reproduce your issue.
Did you try to reboot ?

I just did, nothing changed. But it has nothing to do with the telepathy-gabble, I've had that problem for a long time now. I would probably have to somehow reflash the phone completely to fix whatever is broken, but the facebook chat is not important enough for me to meddle with a (more or less) running system
But thanks for trying to help!

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Did you patch the binary /usr/lib/telepathy/telepathy-gabble? Or is this file unmodified comparing to original one? We have sources ( the package is in "free" part of repository - http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...epathy-gabble/ ) so you should be able to create a source patch, and then it will have greater chances to be included in the CSSU (CSSU guys would be able to load the src to git - unless it's already there - and apply the source patch).

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
nieldk, where you packaged this package ? On Ubuntu (Maemo/harmattan SDK scratchbox) or your N9 ?
Did you added rules with right permissions before packaging ?

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Did you patch the binary /usr/lib/telepathy/telepathy-gabble? Or is this file unmodified comparing to original one? We have sources ( the package is in "free" part of repository - http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...epathy-gabble/ ) so you should be able to create a source patch, and then it will have greater chances to be included in the CSSU (CSSU guys would be able to load the src to git - unless it's already there - and apply the source patch).
Yes, the original binary is patched according to patch published on debian.net

Code:
--- ./src/roster.c.orig    2013-09-08 15:06:04.487098988 +0200
+++ ./src/roster.c    2013-09-08 15:06:40.820177614 +0200
@@ -1579,23 +1579,6 @@
   if (query_node == NULL)
     return LM_HANDLER_RESULT_ALLOW_MORE_HANDLERS;

-  from = lm_message_node_get_attribute (
-      wocky_stanza_get_top_node (message), "from");
-
-  if (from != NULL)
-    {
-      TpHandle sender;
-
-      sender = tp_handle_lookup (contact_repo, from, NULL, NULL);
-
-      if (sender != conn->self_handle)
-        {
-           NODE_DEBUG (iq_node, "discarding roster IQ which is not from "
-              "ourselves or the server");
-          return LM_HANDLER_RESULT_REMOVE_MESSAGE;
-        }
-    }
-
   sub_type = lm_message_get_sub_type (message);

/* if this is a result, it's from our initial query. if it's a set,

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
nieldk, where you packaged this package ? On Ubuntu (Maemo/harmattan SDK scratchbox) or your N9 ?
Did you added rules with right permissions before packaging ?
I got the original from http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...3%2b0m5.tar.gz, which I patched (se above post) and recompiled in scratchbox/Maemo/armel

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Why I asked it because when I created first test version, it not worked for me. I reinstalled original and checked permissions for the files and created rules files that I run before packaging and now it work perfectly

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Why I asked it because when I created first test version, it not worked for me. I reinstalled original and checked permissions for the files and created rules files that I run before packaging and now it work perfectly
Yes, I downloaded the original tar, patched it, recompiled it.
Then, downloaded the original deb, extracted it, replaced the bin, and re-packaged it again.