Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post

BTW, how does one toggle between the two browser engines?
The following works for me.

Open browser and select menu.
Select “Set Engine” and select whichever you want.
Close browser and re-open.

I flashed yesterday, works well here. It is slower than OS2006 on the MMC, I dont know how much faster it would be if I loaded onto the MMC instead.

I've had no major problems, installed MicroB flash. Youtube etc do not run but it's not the end of the world.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Just a question for Fanoush if he reads this - will there be a multiblock writes version of this kernel with the corruption bugfix?
You can still use same kernel as before. The fix is in dynamic kernel module loaded from initfs, kernel itself is unchanged. It is stil the same old one from 2006 firmware.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Finally getting it to work. I think microb uses more memory, and it appears to be slower than opera. I flashed with fanoush's kernel image to increase speed of the mmc, switched on 64MB swap, increased browser's memory cache, now the microb is very usable (on par with opera on OS2006). I also installed seatbelt, but it swapped a bit too much so I changed the swappiness to 60 instead of 100. Everything is working well now, evince is way faster. I'm seriously considering replacing my OS2006 on mmc with this one.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Newport Beach, CA
Originally Posted by Fionn View Post

Hmmmm...can't seem to find that menu option at all when running the browser. Any consensus which engine is better in terms of speed/responsiveness/stability?

Dave

Originally Posted by spiderx View Post
I am running it now. I can't change my regional settings. Can anyone confirm this? I get prompted with "all applications will close and device will restart" and then I get an error message about "device storage memory full. remove data to free memory." Can anyone else test this out?
I'm having the exact same issue with my N770 and the newest OS2007HE. Checking the "Memory" control panel item show there's no installed internal memory. Which would be impossible. It does however display that there are apps and whatnot installed so obviously it's working.

Edit:
Oh just fecking great, the WSOD. I barely had the thing for a day and this. Thankfully it's still under warranty. I hope getting it replaced/repaired doesn't a long time.

Last edited by Kaervak; 2007-11-19 at 04:34.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Fionn View Post

I tried this, but MicroB is still highlighted.. how do you know if you are in Opera engine mode?

Mvh

On a separate matter, has anyone tried sending Twitter updates from the browser?

I can fill in the post OK but hitting update does zilch!

It sends from Chat OK tho'.

mvh

Solved! There was a post explaining how one could use about: to check which engine was active, and now when using MicroB my Twitter update problem no longer exists!

Last edited by cintra; 2007-11-19 at 08:47.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by cintra View Post
I tried this, but MicroB is still highlighted.. how do you know if you are in Opera engine mode?

Mvh
The topmost menu is always highlighted in the sub-menus so it doesn't toggle depending on which engine is active.

You could try surfing to browserhawk.com as mentioned above.

Also if the site you're viewing has an RSS feed then the RSS icon will pop up on the address bar if you are using the MicroB browser.

Probably the best way to tell which engine is running is the fact that MicroB browser is noticeably slower than the Opera browser .

Thanks Fionn

I found a post about using 'about:' and that did the trick ;-)

Surprisingly MicroB fixed my Twitter problem! I had been trying to set the engine to Opera but it must have been there all along causing my twitter problem.

Can't remember any problems with Opera on 2006..

mvh