Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Hey thought I'd pass this on to folks still looking for screen protectors. I was thinking of getting the Martins, but they didn't have them made yet. So I can't say how well they work. http://www.overlayplus.com/US/produc...od_type=screen

I've read some reviews of these on other site like and old one @ nokiaphoneblog and the-gadgeteer.com and lastly a more recent review dailymobile.se. People seem to like them overall.

I actually went with a combo of invisible shield and phantom skinz for my device. The IS will really protect the bottom and give good grip for one handed train riding, but I like the PS on the front it looks really good. No edge problems, and after about 2 days people don't even realize I have a screen protector on it!

x

Yea Im considering to go for Martins too.

I've used Martin-Fields on a lot of phones, including the 5800, and they're really good. Some folks claim that other, budget brands, are now competitive in clarity and durability.

I have a little tiny bubble on my 5800 that I couldn't get out after the 3rd reapplication, but otherwise it's excellent, and best of all has little, if any, impact on sensitivity.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Cool, thanks ya weirdo for chiming in, So do they scratch easy? About how long do/did they last?

The funny thing is I actually enjoy the little bit of bit the PS gives. It's especially useful when do little drawing on the screen. Not too grippy, and not too slippery

x

Not super easy, but they do scratch some. I have had one on my E71 for years and it only has some minor surface scratches that you can only see if the light is at just the right angle.

The one I have on my 5800 has some scuffs from the stylus, but my SO has been using it heavily since I picked it up last Aprilish.

The one on my N810 has the worst scratch of all. Somehow I managed to dig through the surface layer with the corner of my fingernail and get a really good scratch in it. Even that one isn't too terribly obvious, although you can feel it. That's the only major scratch it's gotten in the last 3ish years.

FWIW, I got the N900 protector in yesterday, and I think it's great. It has cutouts for both the prox sensor and the earpiece, but otherwise covers the entire face of the device. It went on relatively easily, is perfectly clear, and hardly has any effect on the sensitivity of the screen. I say hardly not because I've noticed any change, but because I still can't believe there isn't some effect from it.

Lastly, the texture is just the same as the original screen, or close enough for me not to notice the difference. They're both smooth, but not too smooth. It's ever so slightly stickier than the original, but as I recall, the bare screen was a little bit sticky for the first couple of days, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to wierdo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Originally Posted by wierdo View Post

FWIW, I got the N900 protector in yesterday, and I think it's great. It has cutouts for both the prox sensor and the earpiece, but otherwise covers the entire face of the device. It went on relatively easily, is perfectly clear, and hardly has any effect on the sensitivity of the screen. I say hardly not because I've noticed any change, but because I still can't believe there isn't some effect from it.

Lastly, the texture is just the same as the original screen, or close enough for me not to notice the difference. They're both smooth, but not too smooth. It's ever so slightly stickier than the original, but as I recall, the bare screen was a little bit sticky for the first couple of days, too.
I received mine today and I agree completely. I can't find any difference in sensitivity at all, a big difference with my former MCA universal screenprotector which I put away after a few hours. Hardly any effort to put it on too.