Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I've only had my device for 3 weeks or so, so please bear with me. I have generally been using this device like I did my N810 -- As an internet tablet. However, the last couple of weekends, I put the SIM card from my work phone into my N900. This weekend, I kept it in there through monday (today).

Well, I noticed that when I am using the phone, specifically, it seems that apps other than the phone app get confused. For instance, I still had MediaBox open and got a call. Though I had the phone in landscape orientation, MB insisted on running "sideways" in portrait mode. I tried rotating to portrait and back, and it wouldn't change. I also had Xournal running, and it seemed to change at random.

Thoughts?
--vr

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
That apps are developed by communty users, dont expect to have them 100% working , also Phone app is really buggy.

My advice is: dont pay attention to it and try to have as little as possible background apps

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
I've only had my device for 3 weeks or so, so please bear with me. I have generally been using this device like I did my N810 -- As an internet tablet. However, the last couple of weekends, I put the SIM card from my work phone into my N900. This weekend, I kept it in there through monday (today).

Well, I noticed that when I am using the phone, specifically, it seems that apps other than the phone app get confused. For instance, I still had MediaBox open and got a call. Though I had the phone in landscape orientation, MB insisted on running "sideways" in portrait mode. I tried rotating to portrait and back, and it wouldn't change. I also had Xournal running, and it seemed to change at random.

Thoughts?
--vr
eyes widget
use it to test
sometimes the accelerometer gets stuck on booting..
reboot to fix
dunno why
thats a bug.. but i dunno the cause

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
That apps are developed by communty users, dont expect to have them 100% working , also Phone app is really buggy.

My advice is: dont pay attention to it and try to have as little as possible background apps
Actually, I'll probably go the opposite direction. I will continue to use my crackberry as a phone and use the N900 as an Internet tablet, which is the main reason I bought it. I just wish I could pair my S9 with both the blackberry and the N900.

The NIT is more useful to me as a great Linux box than it is as a mediocre phone. And in all honesty, I am so used to using it as such, coming from an N810, its no big deal to me. In a pinch, if I need the sim card, it is for data on the road, since I have wifi at home and work.

Thanks,
--vr

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
eyes widget
use it to test
sometimes the accelerometer gets stuck on booting..
reboot to fix
dunno why
thats a bug.. but i dunno the cause
I've had some wierd reboots, now that you mention it. I always try to reboot from the xterm, since I learned on the N810 that the power button does not do a full reboot. I assume the same is true of the N900.

--vr

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
[...]I assume the same is true of the N900.
The N900 does actually restart regardless of whether the charger's plugged in when turning it off.

Still, you could try as root "rmmod lis302dl && modprobe lis302dl" to reload the accel. module and see if that gets it started again without a reboot.