I am afraid the fmtx status menu by YoDude in post 31 has an issue The phone somehow loses it's ability to play any sound at all. Playing a song would come up with media format not supported. unable to play media error. Restarting the phone would fix everything back.

Another thing.. the Save button on Profiles disappears so any changes to the volume of the ringtone or SMS does not save. I experienced this only after enabling the fmtx status menu applet. For now I will have to switch back to the stock one.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
I am afraid the fmtx status menu by YoDude in post 31 has an issue The phone somehow loses it's ability to play any sound at all. Playing a song would come up with media format not supported. unable to play media error. Restarting the phone would fix everything back.

Another thing.. the Save button on Profiles disappears so any changes to the volume of the ringtone or SMS does not save. I experienced this only after enabling the fmtx status menu applet. For now I will have to switch back to the stock one.
This would happen to me sometimes using the stock app.

I have actually gone back to the first one Faheem created using FM Boost. It pops up the notification banner after each source is played but it is rock solid with regard to other Hildon events... If you use Sygic you won't be able to use voice but I'm pretty sure that this is may be an issue with PR1.2 that may be exposing some quick and dirty hildon code from Nokia.

In any event it invokes FM Boost after all hildon events and as a result, doesn't seem to get lost because of these events.

I use it for a couple of hours every day, and other than Sygic... it rocks on.

I will post that version up if anyone is interested.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I forgot to unlock the mutex if the power level is already 118. Will fix tomorrow.
Any news about this fix?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
So... there I was, on the Internet, looking at po^H^H^HMaemo stuff, and found this by jacekowski of Chromium fame.

I won't bother repeating its advantages, but it has one disadvantage: fmtx_client must be used - you can't go through the FM transmitter Control Panel applet and enable it from there as it has its own checks. It's not possible for me to create a replacement of that easily so, yeah, I won't bother...

However, what I can do is remove the hacks introduced by me in the boost_variant, clean up my code a little and add support for enabling the transmitter through the applet directly without having the checks of the Control Panel applet.

Usage:
* Tapping once on the button will bring up the Control Panel applet.
* Holding the button down will either quickly disable/enable the transmitter depending on its state.

DEB and source: http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty12/fmtx2/

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-07-31 at 17:01.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Excellent idea that when u hold the button it enables / disables the transmitter.

Works well now thank you.

So I guess all the boost stuff is removed and the boost shold be used separetely?

The Following User Says Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
So I guess all the boost stuff is removed and the boost shold be used separetely?
With that fmtxd, I don't even need FM Boost anymore; the power level always stays at 120 despite if it's plugged into a computer/wall charger or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Ok so I forgot to install that jacekowskis fmxtd...

How do you install it?

Ok, got it now, I had to copy the new fmxtd binary to /usr/sbin directory and give it chmod 755 to make it work.

Of course made a back up of the original fmxtd before doing this...

I'm really liking this new FM Transmitter status menu applet!!! Especially now when it works by tap & hold.

I was just wondering could the same thing be done to the Bluetooth status menu applet? It would be really great if it worked like tap & hold enables / disables Bluetooth...

Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
I was just wondering could the same thing be done to the Bluetooth status menu applet? It would be really great if it worked like tap & hold enables / disables Bluetooth...
The closed Bluetooth applet depends on way too many closed components so writing a clone (for me) is out of the question. However, to enable tap-and-hold, all I need is an instance of the button; and I can get this FMTx applet o'mine to get me that. However, there'd be a delay (short, I think...) to get the button. I'm also not familiar with BlueZ's API, and I've been writing enough DBus-GLib code these past few days to give me a perm. headache, so dunno...

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-08-03 at 01:11.