Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
I have to admit this :-) However, no official promises as I am not the marketing guy. And don't expect it in the next update, pls. This is not simple as it affects the whole platform...
Hope you prevail. In the meantime I am back with E71...........send me a private message when enabled....

I have to admit this :-) However, no official promises as I am not the marketing guy. And don't expect it in the next update, pls. This is not simple as it affects the whole platform...

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Hi Vitaly !

Are you also working on the MFE recurring events calendar sync issue ?

Please tell me that this bug will be fixed soon...I would like to have on the next SW update...I can't still not use N900 as my primary phone for this reason

That should not been so difficult like adding provisoning support...

Thanks,
Cesare

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Its time for NOKIA to stop separating N and E series. A business person wants information at his/her fingertips both on the web and email and so on. Many companies have facebooks. The days of carrying ONLY a boring blackberry around are gone, in the U.S. almost 20% of professionals carry a multimedia phone: iphone that does well with email. So time to break these barriers and put quality corporate email on N series!

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poole, UK
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
Its time for NOKIA to stop separating N and E series. A business person wants information at his/her fingertips both on the web and email and so on. Many companies have facebooks. The days of carrying ONLY a boring blackberry around are gone, in the U.S. almost 20% of professionals carry a multimedia phone: iphone that does well with email. So time to break these barriers and put quality corporate email on N series!
Fully agree, there should be no difference between N and E series devices, both markets pretty much require the same functionality, and almost everyone fits into both markets....it is about time the N's got the security etc of E and everything the other way around

Have been trying to get N900 MfE to work with my Exchange 2003 server for 2 days now. No luck, always same error. This is my current configuration:
Phone firmware 3.2010.02-8
Exchange 2003 w SP2
SSL enabled with Startcom SSL certificate.
SSL certificate imported into Certificate Manager on the phone.
Phone's web browser opens OWA without problems.
I have tried syncing only e-mails, e-mails+contacts and all items. Every time same error: Error in communication with Exchange server.
I have attached the syslog from phone, with personal info removed.

Please, anyone, any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip activesync.zip (8.0 KB, 201 views)

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by oridi View Post
Have been trying to get N900 MfE to work with my Exchange 2003 server for 2 days now. No luck, always same error. This is my current configuration:
Phone firmware 3.2010.02-8
Exchange 2003 w SP2
SSL enabled with Startcom SSL certificate.
SSL certificate imported into Certificate Manager on the phone.
Phone's web browser opens OWA without problems.
I have tried syncing only e-mails, e-mails+contacts and all items. Every time same error: Error in communication with Exchange server.
I have attached the syslog from phone, with personal info removed.

Can you sync if you exclude the emails? Others have reported issues synching some of the folders, so it may help to use the MfEfolders application to exclude all but the essential folders.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by oridi View Post
Did you try to set the EAS protocol manually to e.g. 2.5 as described here?

Originally Posted by tomster View Post
Did you try to set the EAS protocol manually to e.g. 2.5 as described here?
Yes, that I did.

The answer for my problems was MfEfolders!
Now a happy N900 user, thank you very much for quick help!

Last edited by oridi; 2010-02-22 at 12:59.

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by Hussam View Post
I noticed that all my Arabic emails received from Hotmail, Gmail, or even my Kerio all with Question marks the only emails that appear in correct Arabic characters are from Yahoo .
any clue?
This is well-known modest bug. Check bugs.maemo.org, pls.

Has nothing in common with MfE.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!