Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by olf View Post
This means "for users of SFOS 3.0.2.x", right?
should be. If you have any issues with the earlier SFOS, please let me know. I can always add SFOS version repos into the list

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I have just updated OSM Scout Server at OpenRepos. This version is usable for SFOS 3.0.3.x users. The rest of us would have to use OBS and update either manually or through zypper after enabling my OBS repo.

For those going for update, please read the notes at OpenRepos. There are also instructions for SFOS 3.0.2.x users.

Similar situation is with mimic. But due to the package size, it will take some time before it will be available at OpenRepos.

PS: MapboxGL stayed as it was. Please let me know if there are any issues with it for 3.0.3.x users

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
[...] The rest of us would have to use OBS and update either manually or through zypper after enabling my OBS repo.
So (on a Jolla 1 with SFOS 2.2.1.18) I uninstalled OSM Scout Server in Storeman and executed as root:
zypper ar http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...igus:maps.repo
zypper in harbour-osmscout-server

Side note: Although I expected some dependent RPMs to be installed (and invisibly uninstalled by Storeman before), only the osmscout-server RPM was installed (as displayed by zypper).

But Pure Maps displayed:

Although voice output using the test function in the settings works!
But unfortunately it does not work when navigating (as advertised).
This definitely was working fine a few days ago.

[...] Similar situation is with mimic. [...] MapboxGL stayed as it was. [...]
While you did not mention special care to be taken for picotts here and at OpenRepos, I saw the fresh picotts package, so I uninstalled picotts in Storeman and tried that one (not really expecting it to make a difference):
zypper ar http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...nigus:tts.repo
zypper in picotts

Unfortunately it does make no difference: Same warning, no voice navigation, but the test function works.

BTW, zypper complains when using the repository the first time after adding it:
File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Packages related to OSM Scout Server and navigation applications (sailfish_3.0.2.8_armv7hl)' is unsigned, continue? [yes/no] (no):

Last edited by olf; 2019-05-15 at 20:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
So (on a Jolla 1 with SFOS 2.2.1.18) I uninstalled OSM Scout Server in Storeman and executed as root:
zypper ar http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...igus:maps.repo
zypper in harbour-osmscout-server

Side note: Although I expected some dependent RPMs to be installed (and invisibly uninstalled by Storeman before), only the osmscout-server RPM was installed (as displayed by zypper).

But Pure Maps displayed:
https://user-images.githubuserconten...646055a719.png
Although voice output using the test function in the settings works!
But unfortunately it does not work when navigating (as advertised).
This definitely was working fine a few days ago.

While you did not mention a special care to be taken for picotts here and at OpenRepos, I saw the fresh picotts package, so I uninstalled picotts in Storeman and tried that one (not really expecting it to make a difference):
zypper ar http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...nigus:tts.repo
zypper in picotts

Unfortunately it does make no difference: Same warning, no voice navigation, but the test function works.

BTW, zypper complains when using the repository the first time after adding it:
File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Packages related to OSM Scout Server and navigation applications (sailfish_3.0.2.8_armv7hl)' is unsigned, continue? [yes/no] (no):
That's quite old version of SFOS. Maybe we need to add repo for that specifically.

Zypper should show all installed packages. So, its not really clear what's wrong with TTS. Would you mind to start Pure Maps from the terminal (harbour-pure-maps) and check out for anything suspicious.

Also, try to run mimic and picotts from terminal. Maybe one of them doesn't start.

As for signed warning - I don't know how to resolve it and it will be bugging you for a while now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
That's quite old version of SFOS. Maybe we need to add repo for that specifically.
Well, 8 months old, but although it is the last release without the Top Menu and with a couple of nice Patches available, which ceased to work with SFOS 3, it is not worth the effort. While one may stay on an older release for some time for stability reasons, for security and features an OS upgrade is a must sooner or later.
BTW, OSM Scout Server 1.14.2 and Pure Maps 1.1.19 etc.(from OpenRepos) are working absolutely fine on SFOS 2.2.1.

My intention for posting this issue on TMO was to see, if others are also affected (or if I was simply doing or interpreting something incorrectly) and what the common denominator is. If this happens only on my device or SFOS ≤ 2.2.1, it is easy to revert OSM Scout Server 1.14.2 etc.

zypper should show all installed packages.
That's what I expected from zypper, so does your answer imply that it correctly installed solely the single osmscout-server RPM (I originally expected Valhalla, libosmscout, geocoder-nlp etc. to be installed or updated, too)?

So, its not really clear what's wrong with TTS. Would you mind to start Pure Maps from the terminal (harbour-pure-maps) and check out for anything suspicious.
Will do that and open an issue at Github, if I have any further insights.

Also, try to run mimic and picotts from terminal. Maybe one of them doesn't start.
No mimic installed (seems to be too resource hungry for a Jolla 1, and I am fine with picotts, also due to its support for multiple languages) and the test function in Pure Maps works fine (hence picotts must be working).

P.S.: [Unrelated] On my Xperia X with SFOS 3.0.3 and OSM Scout Server 1.14.3 everything is working nicely.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
I have just updated OSM Scout Server at OpenRepos. This version is usable for SFOS 3.0.3.x users. The rest of us would have to use OBS and update either manually or through zypper after enabling my OBS repo.

For those going for update, please read the notes at OpenRepos. There are also instructions for SFOS 3.0.2.x users.

Similar situation is with mimic. But due to the package size, it will take some time before it will be available at OpenRepos.

PS: MapboxGL stayed as it was. Please let me know if there are any issues with it for 3.0.3.x users
New version working nicely, and terminal error is gone... (X Compact 3.0.3.9)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
New maps are out, sorry for delay.

This time I modified import scripts to get save few islands from flooding. In particular, it turned out that bays (such as https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/9408222) were drawn on the top of the islands that were not excluded from that relation. By dropping bays from the import, Estonia and Finland regained the islands without any other visible side-effects. If you do observe that some existing water mass disappeared, please let me know. This concerns MapboxGL maps.

During the last import I managed to hit a filesystem bug which led to freezing of the server and which I had to program around. Would probably start next import earlier to take into account such possible hiccups.

Anyway, new maps are out - enjoy. Let me know if something is broken.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
New maps are out.
@rinigus, many thanks! :-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sorry, I did not quite catch it, what did you say?

Name:  Screenshot_20190520_001.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  18.3 KB

The next thing - OSM's cover says "Idle" even though there is a download ongoing. Am I missing something?

Name:  Screenshot_20190520_002.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  22.1 KB Name:  Screenshot_20190520_003.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  19.0 KB

(Yes, I take full responsibility for my musical preferences. Deal with it )

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@pichlo: and I thought that the issue with update screen was on Kirigami only. Somehow I messed up it for Silica in this case, will look into it.

Re idle: its idle in the sense of not calculating route, searching, or rendering tiles. These operation can happen while you download as well. The upper arrows show that you are downloading.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles