Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It takes about two seconds to remove the silicon case, so you could always remove it to use the kickstand. I've had one of these cases for a couple of years (if you search hard enough, you could find messages about it) and they are cheap and work well. The one where you can use the kickstand sounds even better, but I didn't miss it that much. If you want to spend a lot more for the same silicon case, you could buy it at boxwave

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Tri-State/NY/(631)
I can't actually use the kick without removing the case... I just didn't have to unscrew it. I've actually removed the skin and used it as a 'non-skid pad' to kickstand the N800 on during a plane trip. When I first got the skin, I contemplated a few custom cuts here and there to allow for stand to flip out, but decided against. Might be worth a try if you are getting them for around 6 bucks!

Protection, Grip... good stuff. I had a similar set up on a cell phone and might warn against dusty/sandy environments... can 'trap in' sand.

Take one tablet in the morning,

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I got my (pre-owned) second N800 with one of these. The lack of access to the ports and kickstand drove me crazy so I took it off for good.

I guess to each his own, eh?

I have the exact same one as you Den. I love it also.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
wow all these positive reviews make me want to get one.