Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by marketing@comms.ovi.com
Dear Ovi Files user,
Nokia is discontinuing the Ovi Files service, effective October 1, 2010.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please make sure to uninstall the Ovi Files Connector installed on your personal computer. To do this, execute the standard Windows or Macintosh uninstall procedure that came with your computer. You will not lose any files as a result of this service discontinuation. Ovi Files simply creates an 'online mirror' of the files saved on your Windows PC or Mac, so your original files will remain intact. The files on your computer are always treated as the master version, even if some are selected as 'Anytime Files.'

You will still be able to share content between your phone and PC using another Nokia product, Nokia Ovi Suite. With Nokia Ovi Suite installed on your PC, you can do the following: sync your contacts and messages; transfer videos, photos, and music; back up your Nokia and update your device software. Please note that this is not a direct substitute for Ovi Files as Nokia Ovi Suite requires a wired connection between your PC and mobile device. For more information visit www.ovi.com/suite.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will continue to enjoy our most popular services:
This just hit my inbox for whatever it's worth.

SLN member # 009

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
ovi files isnt available for n900 in the first place
and i dont use it
so yea
relevance = nil

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
ovi files isnt available for n900 in the first place
and i dont use it
so yea
relevance = nil
Thanks for your response... I'll stop posting now because it isn't relevent to YOU.

SLN member # 009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
it isnt relevant to the whole community
move it to off-topic
n7xx and n8x0 dont have cellular support so this is not relevant
n900 doesnt support this either
so ultimately, one way or another, its off topic

it isnt relevant to the whole community
move it to off-topic
n7xx and n8x0 dont have cellular support so this is not relevant
n900 doesnt support this either
so ultimately, one way or another, its off topic
OR,
Because you can't imagine anyone here using OVI files as cloud storage with any device or happen to know how many have linked to these files to provide support to their posts... STFU!

It has always been known that OVI would have to undergo significant changes in order to support the N900 and all future Nokia devices. This was also posted here because of the possible relevance the timing of this announcement has on those changes...

BTW, I can no more move a thread after it has been posted than you can.

so yea
relevance = nil

If this bothered you so much you could have PM'ed me and I would have simply deleted the thread (if I had agreed with you).

Oh wait, I can't do that now because someone posted a reply.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
u can use drop box like i do

interesting
first..
next time
post this in the symbian section
oww no wait
there is no symbian section
"relevance = nil"
again?
too bad
and oh, you can request a moderator to move ur thread
in relevance to "any other device".. well.. again.. move this to the symbian section.. oh wait... there isnt one.. too bad..
i'm broken
your cruel cruel words

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I've always had the impression that the whole Ovi thing in all its branches was a toy for some bombastic VP without any professionality. Here is some support to my belief. You can't simply say - OK we close - if you want to convince people to use your services now or in the future.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
These failed attempts at diversification (ovi/n-gage) are a distraction, Nokia should go back to concentrating on making (good) phones.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
interesting
first..
next time
post this in the symbian section
oww no wait
there is no symbian section
"relevance = nil"
again?
too bad
and oh, you can request a moderator to move ur thread
in relevance to "any other device".. well.. again.. move this to the symbian section.. oh wait... there isnt one.. too bad..
i'm broken
your cruel cruel words
WT...?

Dude, I posted something I believed to be informative to my fellow members and that had some relevance to any owner of a N900 who has been waiting patiently for movement by Nokia with regard to OVI. Any movement...

The purpose of your posts, as far as I can tell, are to inform us of your superior ability to parse new information and categorize it correctly. Good for you.

I'm impressed. In fact I nominate you for a Junior Moderator position.

I could care less if or where it is moved but I did try to post it in the correct forum. I guess I'm not as bright as you.

BTW: The first thing you can do as a moderator, junior grade is to hit that little link that reads "report post" in the top right corner of any post you wish moved. Okey doke?

After you do that, a message box will appear and you can type in anything your heart desires and spare everyone else the melodrama.

@debernardis:

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I've always had the impression that the whole Ovi thing in all its branches was a toy for some bombastic VP without any professionality. Here is some support to my belief. You can't simply say - OK we close - if you want to convince people to use your services now or in the future.
It's funny you mention VP's... When the N900 first came out, many customers were led to believe that full OVI integration was on the N900's road map.

In order to communicate the sense of urgency new owners had with regard to this, I suggested then that all Nokia VP's be issued N900's as their primary phones. The CEO should notify them all of a change of location for their next review meeting via email to the device.

The email would contain the new address and that they should use OVI Maps and services on their N900's in order to navigate to this new address.

...I wonder how that would have turned out.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-09-02 at 05:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post: