Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
What makes you think that Nokia biased smug pedantry does?

My download meter shows that the download will never be complete. Doesn’t that generally concur with Tuxedosteve’s statement “no capability whatsoever to meet demand” . From where I am to all intents and purposes Nokia may just as well have no capability whatsoever because the file is not downloading at all. The end result is the same.

Perhaps his phrasing is slightly excessive but we all understand him to mean ‘lacks adequate capability to meet demand’ so we let it be. All, that is, except you.
I think you missed a spot. I don't quite feel beaten all over yet.

Well i'm downloading the arm using my pc, can i just transfer it to my tablet or should i just start over using the tablet to download it?

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
This download is slower than a modem! I haven't seen downloads this slow since before I got DSL!
Oh, come on! Retro is nice

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
Perhaps his phrasing is slightly excessive but we all understand him to mean ‘lacks adequate capability to meet demand’ so we let it be. All, that is, except you.
6k/sec at the moment. I just canceled the download. I'll wait a few days I think. Unless ZeroJay would like to use his hypernet to stick the N810 bin somewhere nice

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
I don't believe that at all.
I'm downloading now for comparison. Getting 300/KBps and better over Verizon FIOS. Obviously the connection makes a difference.

EDIT: I cancelled so as not to consume bandwidth. Surely that's worth an ounce of forgiveness?

Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Well i'm downloading the arm using my pc, can i just transfer it to my tablet or should i just start over using the tablet to download it?
You need the PC to update your tablet. Use the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard installed in your Windows computer. There you can choose the downloaded .BIN file to update your OS version.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'm downloading now for comparison. Getting 300/KBps and better over Verizon FIOS. Obviously the connection makes a difference.
It might be the country that makes the difference then. I'm currently on a *very* fast connection to the internet. My office at a UK university to be more specific. If I wanted to I could download something else at nearly 10MB/sec.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
I don't believe that at all.
You can choose not to if you want. I'm the one in the middle of reinstalling apps and playing around with the update, so believe what you want.

I'd host the image myself on Jablet except that uploading 130MB would seem fishy to the (extremely paranoid) IT department here at work.

But that doesn't mean I won't try anyways.

And Steve, 3rd and 4th download attempts of the firmware from links posted in this thread: 4m01, 2m48s.

We pretty much have God's internet pipe here at work... just don't have apache installed on my Jablet box though and I'd probably be killed for upping a 130MB file.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
EDIT: I cancelled so as not to consume bandwidth. Surely that's worth an ounce of forgiveness?
Not really. Finishing the download and putting it on a server with a better connection than wet string would earn you forgiveness

Thanks amigokin your the poo