Active Topics

When I plug the headphones that came with my N800 into the jack it doesn't go all the way in (there's a good millimeter or two of exposed metal). Is that normal?

Also, I don't get any sound through the Nokia headphones (4 pole/3.5mm). So, I don't know if they're jsut defective or not but, If I plug in other headphones (3 pole/3.5mm) then, depending on which set, sometimes I get sound in one speaker but, never both.

Thank you!

Push the headphones in farther. It takes a good bit of pushing to get them that final click.

Have you tried pushing *hard* ?

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Try pushing it in a bit more - mine was pretty snug, and did not go in all the way at first...

Dammit, I was afraid I was gonna break it. Pushing harder worked perfectly. Thank you!!!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
same problem with mine Rick. glad we have experts here, thanks guys now both sides working.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Port Angeles, WA
My headphones work great, but they are the most easily tangled I've ever had. The uneven ear bud cord lengths, bulky earbuds and inline mike means I have to fuss with it each time, and I fear all the handling will eventually break the headset.Anybody have a fix for this?

Originally Posted by bizshop View Post
My headphones work great, but they are the most easily tangled I've ever had.
True...

I'd love to find a set of replacements (with the mic of course).

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
I tried the stock headphones/mic for the first time on the bus/metro the other day and i couldn't hear more than what you would hear from someone listening to headphones next to you!

I thought the device couldn't give them enougth power or something, so once at home, i tried with big headphones (sennheiser HD555) and i had loud and clear sounding headphones.

So now i need to find a headphone with mic that i can actually use on the road!