Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
The ones still in school are turned off with the term 'school' *snickers*. And among those who does, they've probably set their profile to a (random) older age to be able to view age-restricted videos on YouTube.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
The ones still in school are turned off with the term 'school' *snickers*. And among those who does, they've probably set their profile to a (random) older age to be able to view age-restricted videos on YouTube.
That is of course a possibility and I'm sure a lot of ages are fake, but if you're faking your age would you be more likely to choose being 50 or 60 than 20, 30 or 40?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
That is of course a possibility and I'm sure a lot of ages are fake, but if you're faking your age would you be more likely to choose being 50 or 60 than 20, 30 or 40?
For such issue on that subset of user, I think that depends on the data entry interface really

I don't have an age 'problem' accessing restricted contents (31 here) and I do set my Youtube profile correctly, but if I don't care about about the site I usually just do a quick scroll to look for the 1980s or 70s birth year and click at one. Sometimes I can get to the 1930s if I drag too far :]

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I was expecting:

Big ones, little ones, ones who climb on rocks
fat ones, skinny ones, even ones with chicken pox
Perhaps I'm putting myself into the older demographic with that though.

Or perhaps:

Originally Posted by War
There were strong ones, tall ones, short ones, brown ones, black ones, round ones, big ones... crazy ones.
For the old, yet hip demographic...

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
...with apologies to Randy Newman:

Want some weather on your desktop?
Ad block in micro-b?
What's all these crazy questions they're askin' me?
This is the craziest gadget that could ever be
Don't install the sandbox, 'cause I don't know that much C...

for about the same demographic

The ratio of people supposedly born on jan 1st may be an indication.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by krisse View Post

You never hear much about people in their 50s or 60s using the tablets, the marketing keeps concentrating on much younger people, but it seems these older tablet users do exist.
You bet your bippie.

The Following User Says Thank You to brashley46 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"'m sure a lot of ages are fake, but if you're faking your age would you be more likely to choose being 50 or 60 than 20, 30 or 40?"

As anyone who reads spy novels knows, it's best to stick as closely to the truth as possible. True, in this case you could probably get away with a wild lie, but an accomplished liar would know to maintain effective lying habits so you are more likely to lie effectively when the chips are down.

At least, that's my theory

You're talking Baby Boomers here, the first computer generation. To us computers are fantastic and we often have an insatiable thirst for more of this stuff (and some money to spend too). Younger generations are somewhat blase. Then too, there are an awful lot of us.

The Following User Says Thank You to oldmancoyote1 For This Useful Post: