Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Well, I'll admit having a good emulator is a convenient luxury. I myself tend to do the code on pc, deploy to phone, debug, code on pc thing, though. I think your best bet would be to set up a "Scratchbox" environment (as described in the links above); that seems to be the most popular way to get an N900 emulator up and running right now...
I use dualboot with Fedora 20 and Gentoo on my laptop. Good idea install Scratchbox to VM with Debian or Ubuntu? If yes, in which version?

And, how i can install it? Which manual is the best and have all worked links?

Last edited by sHaggY_caT; 2014-04-30 at 22:42.

May be, files of VMs is in one of repos in openrepos.org?
Or it is unfortunataly deleted by Nokia without revert?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2014 @ San Diego, California
Does anyone have the offline Qt SDK v1.0.x stored away safely?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by matthewkuhl View Post
Does anyone have the offline Qt SDK v1.0.x stored away safely?
Are you looking for a specific feature of the 1.0.x SDK? You can still find all the purely Qt-oriented code in the Qt archive:

http://download.qt-project.org/archive/qt/

The Nokia-specific items (in particular, toolchains for the N900, N9, and Symbian) can be found in the 1.1 and 1.2 SDKs (1.1.2 works for the N900, 1.2.x for N9 & Symbian). I'm not sure there's anything in the 1.0 series that you can't find in one of the later SDKs...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus Thank you for the link. i am actually trying to find an offline installer for the 1.0.x Qt Creator compatible with Nokia Symbian S60v3... But the only installer i have found so far is an online version (and, of course, it doesn't work)

i am actually trying to find an offline installer for the 1.0.x Qt Creator compatible with Nokia Symbian S60v3...
Well, I haven't personally done any Symbian coding, but there is a "Support for Symbian" page in the Qt documentation; in particular, it has an interesting paragraph:

Development of Qt apps for Symbian phones is undertaken easily using the Qt SDK [qt.nokia.com]. The current version (Qt SDK 1.2) offers features to build applications for Symbian Anna and Symbian Belle phones (as well as the Nokia N9 and desktop platforms) using Qt 4.7.4. Development for earlier versions of the Symbian platform and Qt are possible, using Qt SDK 1.1.2 [developer.nokia.com] available from the Nokia Developer website.
So, it would seem that the 1.1.2 SDK has what you would need to build code for S60v3 (at least, that's what I would guess). Luckily, the offline installer for that version of the SDK is still available at the informatik.hu-berlin.de website.

Ok, I've done a little further digging; I'm still not entirely sure what is what here (Nokia seemed to enjoy cutting off support for older devices with every Qt release), but I've found the following paragraph in another Qt document:

The tool chains for developing applications using Qt 4.6.3 for Symbian and Qt 4.7.3 for Symbian^ 3 and Symbian Anna have been removed from Qt SDK 1.1.4. To develop such applications, download and use Qt SDK version 1.1.2 instead. It contains Qt 4.6.3 for Symbian and Qt 4.7.4 for Symbian support for Symbian devices with the Application TRK debug agent.
Also,

Note: Do not update Qt SDK 1.1.2 with the Qt SDK update tool, because the updater removes App TRK support.
In short, Nokia really did not want to help folks develop software on older versions of Symbian.

Still, it looks like you can get up and running with the 1.1.2 SDK...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for your (tremendous) help!
i have tried your link with two browsers and a client but i am unable to resolve the host - is the link working on your end?

i have tried your link with two browsers and a client but i am unable to resolve the host - is the link working on your end?
Hmm, that's odd -- I'm getting to the "informatik" site without trouble. I'm using Google Chrome, but I can get to it from other browsers as well.

There could be something odd with the "URL" tag. Let me print the entire text of the link; if nothing else, you could cut and paste the link into your browser (or even just type it in):

Code:
ftp://ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de/pub/Mirrors/ftp.troll.no/QT/qtsdk/

No, that's the same link i am using.
The FTP client can't connect, Opera says the server is busy, Chrome gives me a "No data received" error and Firefox gives me absolutely nothing at all.

Last edited by matthewkuhl; 2014-05-15 at 03:19.

No, that's the same link i am using.
The FTP client can't connect, Opera says the server is busy, Chrome gives me a "No data received" error and Firefox gives me absolutely nothing at all.
Wow. Something somewhere really really doesn't want your machine(s) to connect to that site...

This is an ftp site; maybe there's a firewall or an antivirus program set up to block access to ftp sites?

I suppose your ISP might also block the site, but I have no idea why they would. (It's a German University...)

Ok, here's an idea -- try going to this FTP Test website, and give it the name of the ftp server:

ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de

Leave SSL off, and the user and password blank. It works for me -- if they can get to the site for you, then you've probably got something local to your machine that is blocking FTP access. (At least, that's my guess...)