Notices

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Lahti, Finland
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Somebody did any tests(installs or whatever) on pure Jolla phones so far?
Installed Warehouse in my Jolla. No problems in installing or launching the app.

Scrolling the screen up&down freezes sometimes, so instead of scrolling the pulley opens.

"My profile - Installed applications" shows nothing although there are many apps installed from OpenRepos.

Haven't tried to install anything through Warehouse yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juha_L For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I am so proud of all of you community people! Special thanks to Custodian for this app!
Up and down bug is same, what the Mitakuuluu app has fist. I think the Coderus can help with that. This Wharehouse app is so easy to use and so clean! I think Jolla Sailfish will be soon a very bright star!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
And this one is weird. Does icon appeared after installation?
Yes icon appears, so must just be something still left as typo in .spec file or something.

Application does freeze sometimes into a deadlock, so that needs to be debugged, but great start nonetheless.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
App works in Jolla phone, can confirm scroll bug

The Following User Says Thank You to kpblxa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ UK/Greece
Warehouse application was installed without any problems. Tried two scenarios:
1) Install an application (LLs Video Player)
2) Install an already pre-installed (directly using the rpm) application (Friends)

1) Failed with a timeout error when trying to enable the repository.
the "Current operation pending" progress bar is displayed for a long time and then there was a timeout error. Not sure if there is a problem with my internet connection due to bad mobile signal.

When navigating to the Profile page the repository that failed with a timeout was shown as added to the list of enabled repositories.

Closing and restarting the warehouse application and navigating once again to the LLs Video Player I got the "Install" option displayed and managed to download and install it successfully.

2) Warehouse successfully detected that Friends is already installed and offered two options: Uninstall and enable repository. I have tried enabling the repository, the "Current operation pending" progress bar was displayed for a long time (~3-5 min). Eventually it was successful and displayed an updated version 0.1.8 which is available . Downloaded the new version and successfully installed it.

Thanks for all your work!

The Following User Says Thank You to cquence For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
App works well except for the scrolling freeze bug. Really intuitive layout. App icon design is brilliant as well!

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Thank you for first tests and feedback.

Enabling / Disabling repositories causes zypp to refresh repositories info, and time is depend on your internet connection.
I'm trying to optimize that, not sure if it will work.

Also, on first startup(or if it was disabled), warehouse will enable self-update channel repository(my repository at openrepos). So it also can take some time.

If scroll bug occures only at "last updated apps", then I bet that there is a focus steal bug within silica components.
This will be fixed (layout changed a bit) with next release 0.2-1 which will add update notifications and update functionality.

I dont have any deadlock or "app not responding" in emulator or flashed n9, so that fix will be delayed for a while.

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
If i search an app, i get both sailfish and harmattan apps shown, maybe it's possible to filter this out?
And in categroy the number of aplication isn't right...
it's shown, that there are 98 apps in _application, but there's only one.

Expcept of this, really rellay good!! Thank you

Last edited by jayki; 2014-01-08 at 15:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to jayki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by jayki View Post
If i search an app, i get both sailfish and harmattan apps shown, maybe it's possible to filter this out?
And in categroy the number of aplication isn't right...
it's shown, that there are 98 apps in _application, but there's only one.
It all depends on server side which is not so powerful yet
Will remove numbers for now, and search will be splitted within days.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Works quite nice (on real Jolla).
2 issues already mentioned:
-Scrolling focus issues (Pull-down vs scroll) in recently updated app page.
-Had the deadlock as well, scrolling did not work and then neither did Pull-down menu. (also in recently updated app page)

Thanks for this great work!

Last edited by luke_dirtwalker; 2014-01-08 at 15:22. Reason: Typo

The Following User Says Thank You to luke_dirtwalker For This Useful Post:

Tags
app store, application, awesomeness, client, harmattan, immortalmeego, repository, sailfish os