Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@shanttu & @m4r0v3r
I also thought "My battery is more than tight and snugly sitting.", but after inserting a piece of paper(which was quite hard, as the battery sits really tight!) I haven't had a single reboot or shutdown. That is around 2 weeks ago/
Actually prior to do that I removed the battery for 10 minutes. I also thought "What sense does it make removing it for 10 minutes and not for 30 seconds?", but I was advised by Carsten Munk(@stskeeps) of Jolla, that it is really needed. And since then - not a single issue. Of course - it can happen every moment
So even if it looks stupid - try it. And share experience here
ill have to give it a go tbh am running outta ideas

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Bruxelles
Originally Posted by gaiosgf View Post
How can delete the tutorial app?
In terminal
pkcon remove jolla-startupwizard-tutorial

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to b.cloanta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Why is the newer the phone the worse the phone call experience?
Symbian was great for calling. Belle was even better. Than I bought N9, great phone but weak vibrator, quiet speakers, the worst gsm reception I've seen.
Now Jolla, good vibrator, good reception, good speakers but suddenly it just stops vibrating and giving any sound notification that somebody is calling. And it's not the first time it happened, I just didn't know about this before and I thought I had been deaf or something.
Reboot fixed this but come on, it's a phone, why does ACL works better than calling?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
Why is the newer the phone the worse the phone call experience?
Symbian was great for calling. Belle was even better.
... come on, it's a phone, why does ACL works better than calling?
Are you kidding? Symbian devices were designed to be phones -- sure, they could do a few other things, but they were meant first and foremost to be used to place and receive calls. But most "smartphones" are all about consuming media, playing games, and running random and sundry apps. Actual usage as a phone is only of secondary importance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
@shanttu & @m4r0v3r
I also thought "My battery is more than tight and snugly sitting.", but after inserting a piece of paper(which was quite hard, as the battery sits really tight!) I haven't had a single reboot or shutdown. That is around 2 weeks ago/
Actually prior to do that I removed the battery for 10 minutes. I also thought "What sense does it make removing it for 10 minutes and not for 30 seconds?", but I was advised by Carsten Munk(@stskeeps) of Jolla, that it is really needed. And since then - not a single issue. Of course - it can happen every moment
+1 Excactly same with me too! No reboots for a week now

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
+1 Excactly same with me too! No reboots for a week now
That is an Old trick. Used in se arc and some cheep asia digeridoo Phone. Why dont jolla delver a piece of paper instead of an extra backside...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

@shanttu & @m4r0v3r

Well no reboots here. issue is...How are they going to fix this permanently?

Anyone having problems with wifi connections?

After last update I can connect to a network, but if the connection is lost, phone will not find any networks.

Sometimes toggling wifi off/on is enough to find the networks, sometimes it requires booting.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@m4r0v3r
I do not see other solution than new, slightly bigger battery. But that is an overkill for a company of Jolla's scale. Hopefully they will not do same HW design mistakes in Jolla 2.0:
- battery not making good contact
- speaker placed on the wrong side of the chassis, so being covered by the hand when in landscape.
- SIM card tray not well designed, so SIM gets disconnected
- edges too sharp to hold the device comfortably

@Heik
I haven't experienced such problems.

i actually like the edges the way it is. those rounded edges like on the samsung galaxy makes the phone look ugly.

i don't hold my phone that tightly till it the edges dig into the flesh and make it hurt.

to each his / her own i suppose.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience