Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Both units do it. One a first one. One from the final Spring'14 batch. It isn't a coincidence. They both freeze in the middle of extremely slow flash of the pulley selection. One has nothing on it. The other is my daily phone. The keyboard crash is in Alien Dalvik only (where the KB crashed more than in SF previously), but habitual.
Do you have any patches installed? My experience has been that whenever my phone is acting strangely it's been either because of patches or (most often) due to btrfs needing balancing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
It is sad to see many people with problems without a concrete solution (including me), hope that 2.0 fix all those issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to strobovalo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by strobovalo View Post
It is sad to see many people with problems without a concrete solution (including me), hope that 2.0 fix all those issues.
I doubt that SW updates are going to fix your problems since it seems that root cause might be HW faults (or some funny stuff installed, hmm?)

Somehow I just cannot believe I'm so lucky that I have not ever experienced any of the aforementioned problems. If it was somehow related to SW, shouldn't that affect me too?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
... root cause might be HW faults (or some funny stuff installed, hmm?)
In defense of everyone suffering awkward stuff with his Jolla, i have been there... I feel your pain!

There is one major flaw on Sailfish most users have not realized, because they should not have to!

DEM CALL IT BTRFS o.=

Sorry for the loud words. But every single problem i experienced on three Jolla Phones in my family and two with friends, where rooted to btrfs problems.

The observation for me is, humble little i (always 5 gig space available) never had one single problem ever since jan/2014.
My loving wife shooting video like there is 128gb space and my daughter downloading gigs of android games manage to destroy their devices (in their eyes) every second month.

I experienced failed system updates due to btrfs,
hanging and lagging ui due to btrfs,
spontaneos reboots due to btrfs,
and just for the sake of not writing due to btrfs a fourth time i will stop here.
The main problem is that the disk is not actually full, showing up to 4gigs available but somehow cluttered from e.g. moving large files.

So, please before giving up, try the btrfs balance.
go
Code:
devel-su
in your terminal
Code:
btrfs-balancer allocation
if the "used" allocation is higher than 13153337344 bytes
Code:
btrfs-balancer balance
Even a btrfs balance and reinitializing the last system-update
Code:
version --dup
did not help in one occasion on my daughters phone, so i did a backup, factory-reset, reinstall apps, restore backup and all is fine still then.

My conclusion, try in order 1. balance, 2. reinitiate last system-update. 3. factory-reset.
If problems persist, it is a HW defect and still worth a try on warranty.

Last edited by mosen; 2015-10-20 at 19:01.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I doubt that SW updates are going to fix your problems since it seems that root cause might be HW faults (or some funny stuff installed, hmm?)
Dont know if you know my issues with 1.1.9, my main issue is the loss os connection sometimes (i need to start/stop data connection) on 1.1.7 all runs fine for me.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
i need to start/stop data connection) on 1.1.7 all runs fine for me.
regression after system-update that very few other users experience point to a problem with said system-update.

Try version --dup in devel-su mode!
Sometimes single packages of an update fail, update runs through nevertheless giving the user the impression everything went fine.

You get a nice verbose output from the command.
If the first attempt fails with errors, try again. I had some packages that refused to update until i tried three times.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Marold View Post
Hi, its showing me in battery csd test 3x pass with voltage, energy and health and now for instance Temperature is 25,8 so its about right they maybe changed something in the battery hardware because I think its working good
Sorry but I can't confirm temp reading is working.

Actually my Pollar Cell did not deviate much from 28 degrees Celsius both reported by CSD tool and a native battery application "Charge Monitor" also shows figures hovering between 28 , 28.1 , 28.2, 28.3.

I suspect this is bogus information and also you won't see your numbers change much.

TEST for you: Pollar Cell vs Jolla supplied battery temp reading:

-my Jolla phone running with original battery shows slightly higher than room temp ~20 degrees C under CSD tool battery info. This is coming out of sleep as it is running 1.1.9.28 in stand by to check standby time during days. So you may thin that the 28 under usage for the Pollar Cell powered one is still normal, but no...

-This original battery powered phone put in de refrigerator quickly shows new figure when CSD battery test re-run: 18 degrees, then 16 etc...

-The Pollar Cell powered one stays stuck on 28 degrees C after spending equal time in the refrigerator.

The author of the battery comparison article could have been more clear about this...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
regression after system-update that very few other users experience point to a problem with said system-update.

Try version --dup in devel-su mode!
Sometimes single packages of an update fail, update runs through nevertheless giving the user the impression everything went fine.

You get a nice verbose output from the command.
If the first attempt fails with errors, try again. I had some packages that refused to update until i tried three times.
Thank you for your help but i need some more "help"... i need to type this on terminal or something?, this downgrade to 1.1.7 or fix something?

Thanks!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Thank you for your help but i need some more "help"... i need to type this on terminal or something?, this downgrade to 1.1.7 or fix something?
No, this is not to downgrade. It is to complete the upgrade properly.

The software on your phone (or any device) consists of many components, called packages. Some are independent, others depend on each other. Each package delivers a set of files that work together to achieve a given task.

Sometimes, especially during a big system update when a large number of packages are being replaced, an error can happen and some packages fail to update properly. A Sailfish update through the GUI (graphical user interface) is designed to be user-friendly, hiding most of the complexity from the user. But that comes at the cost of sometimes hiding some less serious error messages.

What mosen is suggesting is that you open the terminal, type devel-su and press enter. You will be asked for the password. Then you type version --dup and press enter. This will initialize the update process again. You will need the developer mode installed to do those things.

The update system knows which packages have been replaced successfully and which ones still need doing, and it will do only those. It will also give you a full screen of info you might use to resolve any problems. You may want to capture that screen and share it with us.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-10-22 at 19:28. Reason: Got the name wrong :(

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@pichlo

Thanks ill try it, but... whats my admin password on terminal?

PS: Solved... is the same as the SSH conection.

Last edited by strobovalo; 2015-10-21 at 22:11.