Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Just bought myself the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet (10" runs Android), in its 64GB version.

Itīs awesome. I love it.

Iīm sad Nokia didnīt want my $800 (Tablet + Case + Dock for it), but Lenovo did and I like them too.

Iīve had an iPad, iPad2 and a HP Touchpad. The i's felt like glorified expensive web-browsers to me, and the Touchpad was quirky. The Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet feels awesome.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Adobe Flash 11 released...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...e-nexus-prime/
Hey guys more Nexus Prime leaks. Even though the display is photographed you can really see that is one awesome looking Display. If I'm not mistaken (but don't quote me on this) a 4.3-4.8 display with 1280x720/800 is around 340 ppi which is a lot of pixel density and close to the density of a magazine.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Nexus Prime rumour round-up.

The most popular and reasonable rumours:
  1. Google's next "Nexus" phone; stock Android "With Google" badging on Ice Cream Sandwich 2.4 (or 2.9 according to others)
  2. Built by Samsung.
  3. It's most likely running 1.2GHz Exynos Chip.
    Thus it is the stock ARM Cortex A9 Mali400 chip, slightly overclocked, and with small tweeks to produce it cheaper.
    (Some reporting it will be bumped to 1.5GHz, which is unlikely considering the Nexus S didn't overclock the Galaxy S.)
  4. Rumoured to have excellent battery life, unsure if this is because of software tweeks, but consensus is reporting a larger capacity battery one reporting a more modest 1,760mAh battery.
  5. On storage side, a 1GB RAM, 16GB internal NAND and microSD expansion slots are confirmed. And not to forget the NFC, Wifi n, Bt 3.0, GPS, Gyro, and ambient light sensor.
  6. Most likely supporting an 8MP Rear Camera with 1080p@30fps recording. Also has an LED flash, courtesy of Samsung Optics, of course.
  7. Left side Volume Rocker, Right side Power Button and Three Circles (apparently indicators for NFC for Google Wallet), Top side Headset Jack, Bottom side microphone hole and microUSB (with MHL support ?).
  8. Front consists of Ear Piece, 2MP camera (video calls), OEM logo and pure gorilla glass and curved to portrait.
  9. Most likely a Super Amoled (Not Plus).
  10. Screen resolution is 1280 x 720.
  11. Front-glass size is 4.59"
  12. Phone's screen size is 4.33", with 320ppi and 1184 x 720 resolution.
  13. There is 96 pixels dedicated to the Navigation Buttons on the bottom, and they consume 0.35" (or 8.8mm) of the panel.

Popular rumours:
  1. Some sources still say Ice Cream Sandwich will be 4.0, as to signify beyond Honeycomb.
    (Its more likely this number is reserved for Jelly Bean for Q2'12 when Google supposedly announces "something revolutionary" to the world).
  2. The OEM can be Motorola considering Google's purchase
    (Highly unlikely as the acquisition isn't fully complete and it takes more time to collaborate for a product)
  3. A slightly improved 1.5GHz TI OMAP4460 chip is also possible
    (TI reports there is a shortage of these chip, so perhaps they are reserving it for Google. Or maybe its just that; a shortage. This rumour was sparked when devs discovered Exynos doesn't support LTE/Wimax/4G but Samsung has announced a 1.5GHz Enxynos with LTE for Korea so its a 50/50).
  4. "Several" sources report an 2,000mAh battery.
  5. No other rumour besides listed above.
  6. No other rumour besides listed above, maybe optics sourced from another maker possible.
  7. A not-so probable rumour is that it will have microHDMI-out beside the microUSB located on the bottom left, which could add WebTop(or like) connectivity like Motorola's current crop.
  8. No other rumour besides listed above,
  9. Screen could be made from SLCD, or reserved for some variants due to OLED shortages like the Nexus One.
  10. 1280 x 800 rumour has been declined too many times.
  11. There is a dying rumour the front panel (whole plate) is 4.3"
  12. There is a dying rumour the phone's screen size is 4.0", which makes it an unbelievable (and unlikely) 345ppi
  13. No other rumour besides listed above.

Looks like Apple may be in trouble (ie have strong competition), how can the iPhone 4S stand against this or the subsequent improved models (Samsung Note, anyone) without level pricing for 8+ months ??

Edit: Here is a sneak preview of the retail unit, looks bulky at the ends especially at the (10.5mm) bottom. Though very slim (8.5mm) in the middle:

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-10-05 at 07:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Nexus Prime rumour round-up.

The most popular and reasonable rumours:
  1. Google's next "Nexus" phone; stock Android "With Google" badging on Ice Cream Sandwich 2.4
  2. Built by Samsung, most likely running 1.2GHz Exynos Chip.
    Thus it is the stock ARM Cortex A9 Mali400 chip, slightly overclocked, and with small tweeks to produce it cheaper.
    (Some reporting it will be bumped to 1.5GHz, which is unlikely considering the Nexus S didn't overclock the Galaxy S.)
  3. Rumoured to have excellent battery life, unsure if this is because of software tweeks, but consensus is reporting a larger capacity battery one reporting a more modest 1,760mAh battery.
  4. On storage side, a 1GB RAM, 16GB internal NAND and microSD expansion slots are confirmed.
  5. Most likely supporting an 8MP Rear Camera with 1080p@30fps recording. Also has an LED flash, courtesy of Samsung Optics, of course.
  6. Left side Volume Rocker, Right side Power Button, Top side Headset Jack, Bottom side microphone hole and microUSB (with MHL support ?).
  7. Front consists of Ear Piece, 2MP camera (video calls), OEM logo and pure gorilla glass and curved to portrait.
  8. Most likely a Super Amoled (Not Plus).
  9. Screen resolution is 1280 x 720.
  10. Front-glass size is 4.59"
  11. Phone's screen size is 4.33", with 320ppi and 1184 x 720 resolution.
  12. There is 96 pixels dedicated to the Navigation Buttons on the bottom, and they consume 0.35" (or 8.8mm) of the panel.

Popular rumours:
  1. Some sources still say Ice Cream Sandwich will be 4.0, as to signify beyond Honeycomb.
    (Its more likely this number is reserved for Jelly Bean for Q2'12 when Google supposedly announces "something revolutionary" to the world).
  2. A slightly improved 1.5GHz TI OMAP4460 chip is also possible. The OEM can be Motorola considering Google's purchase.
  3. "Several" sources report an 2,000mAh battery.
  4. No other rumour besides listed above.
  5. No other rumour besides listed above, maybe optics sourced from another maker possible.
  6. A not-so probable rumour is that it will have microHDMI-out beside the microUSB located on the bottom left, which could add WebTop(or like) connectivity like Motorola's current crop.
  7. No other rumour besides listed above,
  8. Screen could be made from SLCD, or reserved for some variants due to OLED shortages like the Nexus One.
  9. 1280 x 800 rumour has been declined too many times.
  10. There is a dying rumour the front panel (whole plate) is 4.3"
  11. There is a dying rumour the phone's screen size is 4.0", which makes it an unbelievable (and unlikely) 345ppi
  12. No other rumour besides listed above.

Looks like Apple may be in trouble (ie have strong competition), how can the iPhone 4S stand against this or the subsequent improved models (Samsung Note, anyone) without level pricing for 8+ months ??
It's pretty much been confirmed that Nexus Prime will be Samsung made with a Samsung Screen and a Ti Processor.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Edit: Here is a sneak preview of the retail unit, looks bulky at the ends especially at the (10.5mm) bottom. Though very slim (8.5mm) in the middle:
Looks nice but the curve and thin centre worry me about durability. I guess it will curve to my buttocks when I place it in my back pocket so it might actually be better but I need to make sure It's the right way round.

Does anybody know if Android or Iphone has a Bluemaemo alternative? I tried to search the App store on an Iphone but search on the App store sucks. It assumes you know the App name you're looking for rather than the function.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Looks nice but the curve and thin centre worry me about durability. I guess it will curve to my buttocks when I place it in my back pocket so it might actually be better but I need to make sure It's the right way round.

Does anybody know if Android or Iphone has a Bluemaemo alternative? I tried to search the App store on an Iphone but search on the App store sucks. It assumes you know the App name you're looking for rather than the function.
What did bluemaemo do I might be able to find you something.

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
What did bluemaemo do I might be able to find you something.
It allows the N900 to act as a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, or a PS3 pad/remote.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
It allows the N900 to act as a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, or a PS3 pad/remote.
Remotedroid is closest thing I could find.
http://remotedroid.net/

1280x720 screen. Cool. 320 pixel density vs 251 of the n9. But 4.6 screen? Those "phones" keep getting bigger and bigger.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy