Poll: Who will ship first?
Poll Options
Who will ship first?

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Montreal
Look at this way : There is X % chance that they ship before nokia, Y % chance that they ship later and (100-X-Y)% chance that they dont ship and you lose your money. Now, even though I believe X>Y, I am not confident that (100-X-Y)=0 and I don't like losing money so I did not preorder.

The Following User Says Thank You to codedivine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Complete, working, portable Pandora: a man has to dream, sometimes

Well, complete, working, portable prototype Pandora! (CNC case. The production molded case will be black.) Nice though! Things are getting ready for production.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Well, i suppose with todays video on engadget the race isnt that open anymore. Prototype or not, it's just a matter of a few weeks (1st may?) now before the first units ship. I doubt that nokia will be any faster.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by branitar View Post
...it's just a matter of a few weeks (1st may?) now before the first units ship...
Wanna bet on it? Reply here within 24 hours if you do. I'll bet you an RX-51 (when it ships) that no-one has received a production Pandora (i.e. a unit from a batch of 1000 or more, ordered and delivered as a normal customer) by 1st May. Seriously!

Regards,
Roger

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
We've been told that Nokia had working, portable prototypes of the new device(s) last year already. If the OpenPandora guys rush this into production and into the hands of consumers that quickly (May 1st) after the very first assembled prototype, you can be sure that there's going to be many, many, erm, quality issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qole View Post
We've been told that Nokia had working, portable prototypes of the new device(s) last year already. If the OpenPandora guys rush this into production and into the hands of consumers that quickly (May 1st) after the very first assembled prototype, you can be sure that there's going to be many, many, erm, quality issues.
Totally agree with you, OpenMoko HW is a example of that, and they test it a lot before start shipping the phones.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
IDK, that video make the Pandora so much more promising now.

both of them better release soon so I can use one in each hand

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
both of them better release soon so I can use one in each hand
Yeah, and use your nose instead of stylus/finger

Tags
burtflitter, chinese food, christmas, christmas 2013, christmas 2666, credit card fraud, dnf, fata morgana, lies, omap3, pandora, pandora != real, pandora hoax, pandora is going to ship?, pandora v linear time war, retreating shipdate, ripoff, scam, speculation, virtualbox