Poll: Who will ship first?
Poll Options
Who will ship first?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
@allnameswereout: It's just funny how much you care about the Pandora when you haven't even ordered one. It seems like the people here who ordered knew what they were getting into and accepted the risks. As for not having a track record: Most of the people involved with the Pandora have an excellent record as community members, but making a console from scratch was a new direction for them. Yes there have been bumps, but I'm confident they will ship a finished product.
Consumer-wise I don't pre-order except in real-life stores when I feel sure they will deliver. It is rather a down payment then though.

I hardly buy hardware right when it comes out. It seems to me that I'm a beta tester then, paying the full price. Might as well wait a while after the hype cooled down.

If I could buy and receive a Pandora right now I would either buy one now or buy one very soon --in time for someones birthday. Someone who is in need of a (mobile) game computers to play relatively simple games such as puzzles. BTW, previously this was scheduled for christmas.

That making a console from scratch is a new direction for them is evident. But that is an explanation; not an excuse. And, that is partly my point. Nokia has experience with this. In all the major players in this field I feel that Nokia has the right balance between open source and commercial. Between choice of proprietary software and the freedom to modify the device and OS. Between service and integration (Nokia's Ovi is going to cooperate with Microsoft btw). I believe Nokia is able to deliver an open platform, which is aimed for touchscreen with a default configuration which is satisfying for a new user whereas allowing a hacker/techie to modify the product. I don't believe Apple can fullfil that role for me. They're too restrictive lacking for example something as simple as BlueTooth. Maemo, platform with momentum. And, a niche player would have a long way to go.

pfft just buy both!

one is a specially designed for gaming and the other is a jack of all trades with a camera

I can't wait to see the RX-51

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
pfft just buy both!

one is a specially designed for gaming and the other is a jack of all trades with a camera

I can't wait to see the RX-51
I've actually started to become resigned to that idea lately. :P

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
qgil

I would like to see your vote up here???
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
How do you know he didn't already vote?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
How do you know he didn't already vote?
The same way I know you voted for Nokia

If you click on the number of votes above on the graph. It will tell you who voted and how. No qgil
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Didn't notice the links. Weren't the open poll voters always visible before?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
What?! Karel voted for the Pandora?! I'm ... I'm ... SHOCKED!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by qole View Post
What?! Karel voted for the Pandora?! I'm ... I'm ... SHOCKED!

I will probably be one of the last of the first batch to get my Panda, due to some serious turmoil in my personal life ATM. Apologies for the relative silence, but I have rather more important work ATM. In fact, I'm going to drop off the webs completely pretty soon now.

The good news is that my escape from Belgium seems to finally nearing its end; the bad? No house, no money, no time. If you try to be honest, you apparently are merely the first to get robbed...

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
The good news is that my escape from Belgium seems to finally nearing its end; the bad? No house, no money, no time.
Congrats, & condolences...

If you try to be honest, you apparently are merely the first to get robbed...
Scratch "apparently". It's a known law of the universe at the quantum level.

Tags
burtflitter, chinese food, christmas, christmas 2013, christmas 2666, credit card fraud, dnf, fata morgana, lies, omap3, pandora, pandora != real, pandora hoax, pandora is going to ship?, pandora v linear time war, retreating shipdate, ripoff, scam, speculation, virtualbox